Any Forum Members in the Jacksonville, FL area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of nice Vipers down here in the beaches of Jacksonville, FL. I was wondering if anybody on this forum was from around here. I saw three Vipers in ten minutes the other day. A 1st gen. Red RT/10, a black, 2nd gen. RT/10 and a nice Blue/ wht GTS. A red GTS also was sold here at the beach recently. I just purchased a twin turbo Supra and did the mods we call "BPU++". I'd really like to meet up with any Viper local owners.

Kevin

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are a few of us on here
smile.gif

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey fellas! I'm glad there are some locals here. We should definately meet at Al's at some time soon. Its the best place to pull up in a nice sports car on a summer day.

What kind of RWHP are you guys putting down? I'm going to dyno my car later in the week at Atlantic Performance. Do you guys want to bring your Vipers up to do some dyno pulls? I think a guy I know from Fernandina Beach could be convinced to bring his single turbo Supra down. Especially if he knew he'd get to see some Vipers dyno. I think he'd top 620 RWHP but I'm not exactly sure what his set-up is. Let me know [email protected]

Kevin

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did either of you guys ever race a black supra on JTB near the beach back in 99? I raced somebody back then who had a red, gen 1 RT/10 with some mods at the time. It was really pretty close but I pulled just a little on the RT/10. The Supra had 400.7 RWHP and 407 RWTQ.

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I forgot to add that there's some guys up here in Atlantic Beach that may want to join us. One has a nice red 550 Maranello Ferrari. Another guy is or was the kicker for the Jaguars. He's got a nice silver 996 twin turbo Porsche. The other guy works in my building. His red NSX-T has a ton of mods. Another Supra guy in Ponte Vedra also wants to bring his single turbo car out. This could be a pretty sick little car meet if we can get together.

BLS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can count me in...

I live in Orlando. But, I would be happy to drive up. I own both a Viper and a Supra TT.

Since I am getting the complete BTR Viper Performance upgrade installed tommorrow (including the NOS/Propane spray). I'll bring the Viper and I will be looking forward to running it against a BPU or single turbo Supra.

Just make sure you have plenty of race gas in those Dawgs. And you can forget about going from a 70mph roll.

Speaking of single turbos, I hope to have an SP63 in mine by August. Along with an SP Fuel Sytem and upgraded auto tranny.

Let me know when you are going to do it and I will bring Nero and Angel with me. I will also check with Tom Welch and the Viper crew from Tampa.

Byron

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. This is getting kind of fun. We could have a very big turnout for this little shindig. Angel and Nero are cool guys and would make us Supra guys feel less outnumbered.
smile.gif

I better just throw a date out there and see how it works for everybody. How about Saturday, July 14th? If that's too far off maybe the 30th of June?

I also heard from some local Prowler guys who want to come. One is supercharged. I'll try to track down a few more locals who have twin turbo Porsches and Ferrari F355's.

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys, let's make this happen on Saturday, July 14th. I'll talk to the guys with the dyno up here today and see about a good rate.

Also, try let all of the owners of other exotics know about this (Lotus/ Lamborghini/ Ferrari/ turbo 911, 993, 996, etc.). I saw the 550 Maranello today but I didn't get a chance to speak to the guy. He should be around between now and then so I'll try to get him involved. Steve, do you think your friend with the 996 turbo would join us? Can they switch off the AWD for a RWD dyno on that car?

Reaction score
Is this event open to Prowler owners? Is so, I would be interested in attending. I have been considering purchasing a 2001 Yellow RT/10 and would enjoy attending a Viper event.

OP
OP
E

E55AMGJaxFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I'm not stuck on that date. How does the next weekend look for you? Atlantic Performance will dyno any amount of cars we can bring for $500. We'll have the dyno for the entire day at that rate. How does that sound?

William,

We do have some Prowler owners already involved so feel free to join in.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.