Any high horse power vipers in Chicago want to race?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There's a guy here with a DSM with 720hp with 35lbs of boost that wants to race some vipers in Chicago. He lives there....he's a bit cocky...but he's young..he wants to race me in December, but don't know if I am going to be ready..any takers from Chicago? He beat a 03 cobra mustang with a 2.2 Kenny Bell by 6-7 car lengths and he has trap speeds of I think 140mph. Someone show him up!

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except for the fact it snowed almost 4 inches here last night I'm sure anyone would race him....from a roll. And a few from a stop.

DSM is diamond star motors (mitsubishi) eclipse, talon, galant vr4,etc. If he's up here chances are he's known. there are a couple of CRAZY DSM's. Maybe next year for most around here though.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom,

Come on!!! I'll run him in my Durango R/T. ;) The weather is just fine for that!!!
With the amount of salt that they layed down last night and this AM no one will be bringing anything out for a while.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm your HuckleBerry!! :p

My car won't be back until the spring, but it should be ready to GGo this summer!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can my 98 Neon 4-Dr. get a complimentary 10 car length?

Jay K.

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have worked with Martin over at AMS in Elk Grove, they specialize in Mitsubishi's. They've got some pretty insane Mitsi's there, the last time I was there he had his AWD EVO8 up to 625 at the wheel! But like with most of those car's his RWTQ is only around 375. It's amazing how much power they're drawing out of those cars. I'd love to race one, but as stated earlier. While I'm crazy enough to mash the go pedal a little in the cold weather there's no way in hell I'll race in it, to much TQ! Call me when it warms up, I'll run with the roller skate...

~Matt~

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy has a DSM, looks 100% stock, but packs 550HP at the wheels and does easy 11's all day long... These cars are insanely stealthy.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a guy here with a DSM with 720hp with 35lbs of boost that wants to race some vipers in Chicago. He lives there....he's a bit cocky...but he's young..he wants to race me in December, but don't know if I am going to be ready..any takers from Chicago? He beat a 03 cobra mustang with a 2.2 Kenny Bell by 6-7 car lengths and he has trap speeds of I think 140mph. Someone show him up!

ADAM

have him come to Louisville I can give him something :2tu:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
David he will be back in Louisville this holiday and wants to run. I don't know if my car will be ready then.

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AMS had at least two 9 sec cars this year. It was a converted mirage into a evo2. Pretty sick to see a car spin all 4 tires all the way through the 1/8th mile.

DSM= Diamond Star Motors. Next time you walk by a mitsubishi look at the emblem, its 3 diamonds in the shape of a star.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This guy does have a pretty serious set up. He is running 650 at 26 psi so he says and wants to run me but says he will turn his boost to 35 psi which will get him to 720 hp plus.

He raced a cobra 03 that had over 650 hp with slicks and a solid rear axle and beat the guy about 8 car lengths. So obviously he got real cocky....the did the race from a dig.

When I get my new pulley on and gain back my PSI I should be able to give him a good run and I feel most likely I will be able to kill the guy because of my low end torque.

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, didn't we just discuss being on the boards at wierd hours last evening? You should have been at work and busy(lol) by than. I think you should resurect the 300z and give him a run, or maybe the lightning, I think we can get some studded tires. Or I could let you borrow my GTS :crazy: . Too bad "W" is in hibernation or the cobra could go against the mitsusushi!!!

Tommy

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommygun,
You caught me. The more I think the more I bet the 300 Would be a good project car now (now that I have a place to do stuff to it).

Ab race him from a 30 roll (you'll still have traction trouble but it will be more controlable). He's going to need almost 150 to 200 more hp than you to trap the same as you (gotta love the torque). So if you are at similar power (which you won't be when your boost is back up) you will have a lot better higher speed charge than him. So nothing from a dig, all from a roll.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be able to run him at Christmas. Both cars will be here in Florida so depends on which car I bring back home.

we will see! from a roll I will cover him easy!

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin own's that company, I'll see what I can find out. That's the AMS in elk grove that I mentioned earlier! I also believe Martin is looking for a donor Viper to build a twin turbo for. I was at his place in September to let him look at my intake manifold he said he was interested in building a DIY twin turbo kit. I wanted to do it but I have since decided not to do it, I'm happy with what I've got. I have to go p/u my intake from him I'll find out if it's them or not.

~Matt~

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spoke to Martin and it is in fact one of their cars, he was out of the office and didn't have much time to talk. I'll find out more when I'm at their shop.

~Matt~

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Too funny! Small world huh? Well get some fast Vipers to race him in Chicago! Maybe mine will be ready when he come down...I am getting some more work done at a machine shop..this month. I am hoping to have it done mid December. If not David can race him. But anyways..props to the kid with the DSM...very fast 4 ******! :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4