any high perf/prototype Intake Manifolds for Gen.II?

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was there any high performance or prototype intake manifolds made for the Gen. II... other than the race version with 10 throttle bodies?

Is there anyone who makes/fabricates high performance manifolds for the Gen.II engine?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few have been made by various companies..no reports of any aftermarket n/a intakes setting any records though

-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Was there any high performance or prototype intake manifolds made for the Gen. II... other than the race version with 10 throttle bodies? Is there anyone who makes/fabricates high performance manifolds for the Gen.II engine?

"WAS THERE ANY MADE" is the question...here is the factual answer:
MoPar had 2, long-time discontinued and canceled. 10 TBs and a CF plenum
The MSRP was over $15,000.
GTS-R : P 4876 846 Race Version
Street GTS: P 4876 868 Street Version !!!!!!
The last one I saw for sale was owned by Albert Chlouber in TX
-----------------------------

EXOTIC ENGINE in CA. Kevin can produce one.........

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"WAS THERE ANY MADE" is the question...here is the factual answer:
MoPar had 2, long-time discontinued and canceled. 10 TBs and a CF plenum
The MSRP was over $15,000.
GTS-R : P 4876 846 Race Version
Street GTS: P 4876 868 Street Version !!!!!!
The last one I saw for sale was owned by Albert Chlouber in TX
-----------------------------

EXOTIC ENGINE in CA. Kevin can produce one.........

Hi JonB...thanks again for this useful information. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude... Just saw all those pics of you detailing the stocker. You gonna toss it?

Awesome work BTW.

Nope, not gonna toss it since there is no OEM high performance available other than the $15,000 ones that were discontinued, YIKES :omg:

So I'll stick with my manifold that has been extrude honed. :)

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was there any high performance or prototype intake manifolds made for the Gen. II... other than the race version with 10 throttle bodies?

Is there anyone who makes/fabricates high performance manifolds for the Gen.II engine?

Here is the Mitech sheetmetal intake that will fit a Gen 2:

It has cast shorter runners with the appropriate taper, super high plenum volume(700+ Cubic Inches> stock's of about 350 CI) for higher RPM N/A and forced induction applications.

This is the perfect intake for a modded motor or forced induction where this setup will keep on making power really allowing the engine to breathe!

The person you want to call is Mike(300 MPH @ Bonneville) Le Fevers @ 714-572-3672

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It has cast shorter runners with the appropriate taper, super high plenum volume(700+ Cubic Inches> stock's of about 350 CI) for higher RPM N/A and forced induction applications.

This is the perfect intake for a modded motor or forced induction where this setup will keep on making power really allowing the engine to breathe!

The person you want to call is Mike(300 MPH @ Bonneville) Le Fevers @ 714-572-3672

Those are some AWESOME pics!! Thanks for the info :headbang:

Jason

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a cool intake Paolo, but I wonder if the runner inlets are too close to each other, side to side, for n/a applications. I've read when trying to tune carbs with their inlets facing each other, that pulsations from one bank can affect the other bank if they're too close together. And how much air would make it to the rear runners, when there's so many ahead of them gulping in all the air they can.

The same thing could apply to this manifold.

So who's using one of these n/a, or forced induction for that matter-and how has this intake performed ?

I think there are some other mods to do on an OE intake that either no one's done or at least aren't talking about. I've been looking over an extra intake I have and see some areas that can be improved.

LPE just quoted me $2500 to port mine if they cut it open. With the power those LPE engines make, they must be doing more than just rounding off the runner inlets.. (John Lingenfelter's cousin was at a little cruise last Saturday with his Ferrari 599 btw..at least it was Viper red!)

-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

Last edited:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a cool intake Paolo, but I wonder if the runner inlets are too close to each other, side to side, for n/a applications. I've read when trying to tune carbs with their inlets facing each other, that pulsations from one bank can affect the other bank if they're too close together. And how much air would make it to the rear runners, when there's so many ahead of them gulping in all the air they can.

The same thing could apply to this manifold.

So who's using one of these n/a, or forced induction for that matter-and how has this intake performed ?

I think there are some other mods to do on an OE intake that either no one's done or at least aren't talking about. I've been looking over an extra intake I have and see some areas that can be improved.

LPE just quoted me $2500 to port mine if they cut it open. With the power those LPE engines make, they must be doing more than just rounding off the runner inlets.. (John Lingenfelter's cousin was at a little cruise last Saturday with his Ferrari 599 btw..at least it was Viper red!

Richard, the bell shaped inlets would do a whole bunch to direct the flow of air in a naturally aspirated application.

The inlets are hardly facing each other since they are staggered in layout and their faces are parallel to the Vee of the outer walls of the intake.

The firing order is the following: 1-10-9-4-3-6-5-8-7-2. I do not think this layout combined with the firing order is very similar to your carburator example.

Air to the back is definitely a big concern for N/A. But unless you m ake an intake like the Ferrarris and Lamborghinis that have the inlet in the middle, all manifolds like this will have the same inherent disadvantages.

The large plenum volume of this manifold would certainly minimize the effect of the rear cylinders running lean due to less avaliability of air.

I'll let you know very soon how this runs on my turbo car soon enough!;)

I do not think the stock intake manifold is all that big of a limitation for N/A making 650-700 RWHP or less.

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

holy sheeot batman...thats f-in AWESOME MY MAN.:2tu: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang:

but what about two tb`s vs one?seems like ya could get more air out of a pair?:dunno:

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
Any hood clearance issues? The short runners should be effective at higher rpms and perhaps sacrifice a little torque?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
Any hood clearance issues? The short runners should be effective at higher rpms and perhaps sacrifice a little torque?

CANTDRIVE55, I have test fitted this on two different cars and all fits like it is supposed to.

The height of this piece was designed to be the same as a Gen 2 Intake with fuel rails on top of it that everybody has been running for years.

This intake is designed for higher RPM engines making big power with forced induction.

With that being said, the plenum volume alone of this manifold will absorb/buffer quite a lot of the turbulence that FE 065 had mentioned in his post. So for an N/A application, this design will work very well since it has such volume to absorb the harmonics of the individual pulses.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, I never knew Hogan's made manifolds for Vipers. Hogan's manifolds are usually absolute artwork. It would be interesting to see Hogan's cross ram version, might be time to give them a call.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What intake manifold works best with a Paxton supercharger? I am considering installing a Paxton supercharger onto my 96 Venom 550.

Just for your info, the stock intake manifold has been extrude honed.

Look forward to any input!
Jason

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope, not gonna toss it since there is no OEM high performance available other than the $15,000 ones that were discontinued, YIKES :omg:

So I'll stick with my manifold that has been extrude honed. :)

If you want to make the power your thinking of doing (700-750rwhp N/A) Your not going to be doing it on the intake mani you have. The runners are too long and the plenum is too small.

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find pics of the Hogan's Racing intake? Cross ram and regular? I'm curious about what those look like.

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind, I found pics in their 2007 catalog download on page 4.
Looks like they have a ton of options! I wonder how well they all work...