ANY IDEAS?????

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well for the last month or so I have been having the same problem as some of you with the car bogging while cruising, changed O2 sensors, still does it, only once the car is up to temp and only while cruising at speed, then it starts to feel like I am dragging an anchor, and the tone of the motor even changes,last year had problem and dealer gauranteed "they fixed the problem so....I remembered my sons friend that he grew up with is now a car guy that kinda specializes in electronics(GM though) and I called him up,he came over and hooked up his computer and we went for a ride, after about 10 or 15 minutes here we go it starts to chug and bog, from what his computer was saying is that even though the gauge says 2000 rpm the computer was trying to run motor at IDLE(780 RPM) so I was starving for fuel, even though I punched the gas etc, the monitor said it was trying to set the motor at 780RPM or it was thinking the motor was at 780RPM. either way he is now in research mode, he said he has seen this happen before on GM vehicles but needs to investigate the viper senerio.he checked the TPS and the other sensor on the side of the TB and they looked clean, so of course theeasy fixes are now out, if anyone might have any suggestions or has experienced this please let me know, all help would be appreciated

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check the cats and the fuel system. A backpressure test on the cats and a fuel pressure test while the car is bogging.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte