Any Interest in a TWIN TURBO VIPER PACKAGE for under $ 20 Grand INSTALLED???

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOM,BIG TIME RACING!THANKS FOR STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE AND TAKING ON THE TT PROGRAM FOR US CAR GUYS.TO DATE I KNOW OF ONLY ONE TUNER THAT HAS PRODUCED ONE TWIN TURBO VIPER THAT RAN 10.1 ET ACTUAL NOT CORRECTED FOR PUBLICATION IN CAR MAGAZINES .PLZ KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR UPDATES.CANT WAIT TO SEE THE CORRECTED DYNO CHARTS AND THE QTR.MILE RUN TIME SLIPS.CAPS KOERNER

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomMiriViper:
Tom,
Why is it you talk so highly about your tuning abilities and every time I've seen you race you've lost? I remember a Supercharged DLM car beat you at Moroso & Gainesville. I saw Ray White with a small shot of nitrous beat your BTR SuperSnake?.... Remember?... At Moroso it was at the last Chrysler Show?
I remember you had a "NINE-SECOND GUARANTEE PACKAGE," what ever happened to that? What about your "WHOOP ASP CLUB?"
What happened to your "LIFETIME GUARANTEE AXLES?"
What ever happened to your message board????

....Tom, I could go on and on.

Cheers,
Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>BTR
- What ever did happen to your NINE-SECOND GUARANTY PACKAGE?
You said you were going to pickup and deliver cars with a nine-second time slip. And that no other tuner offers that guaranty????(That one was my favorite!)
- What ever happened to your WHY SPEND THE MONEY FOR T&D ROLLER ROCKERS? You also said why replace the rocker arms that continuously need to be adjusted. Did you find out the Arrow's were junk?
- What ever happened to your I'VE NEVER HAD TO REMOVE MY HEADS
Did you find out it takes more than just heads to make the nine-second jump? I've never seen anybody talk the talk without walking the walk as you do and I see more everyday viper owners making more impressive track time than you ever have.

Max

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I guess that thrown belt hit home with you boys! LOL.

Lets see, Moroso..I beleive the slowest time was ran by a
$ 120,000.00 Supercharged Viper. I didn't brag about beating that car. The eventual winner of that sad day of racing had to borrow a set of slicks just to run our time on stock tires.

Axles..my original BTR HD shafts are still in my car after hundreds of passes with no problems. We still guarantee them..even though NO ONE else does.

As for the Whoop Asp Club..it exists, you just can't be a member if you can't run the number! Jealousy rears its ugly head once again!

As for 9 second times, they are easily attainable and once we finish developing our TT and other packages that are presently being designed we will focus more on the fun art of going to the races. One thought for you..NO supercharged Viper has EVER ran in the nines.

As for the message board, it was designed for use as a communications network for my customers and unfortunately turned into a soap opra for folks thrown off of this and other sites. Im sorry that you miss it.

I can't blame you S/C folks for ********..Id be trying to protect the tremendous investment that I made on aftermarket parts too If I were you.

One question for MR. Miri, when have you outran me? or any BTR prepped car. We can meet anytime you want for your answer. I will even bring the video camera so come on out from behind that keyboard and take your medicine, boy.

Keep the comments coming, my skin is VERY thick.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Reaction score
Tom -

Your facts are way off and untrue.
I take pride in our work, our customers, and many other important aspects in the Viper community. Scott P's car presented us with a challenge WAY beyond our control and provided me with unfortunate insight (as well as hindsight) and in retrospect, I'll never assume a Belanger exhaust system as well as other performance parts installed by *another tuner* are correct for their intended application. The same rule applies for clutch kits, ****** systems and so forth. I spent uncountable hours correcting mistakes that weren't ours and I paid the price for it. This is in NO way meant to be offensive towards Scott P., just the car itself. Scott's a good man
smile.gif

If it's your goal to construct your own performance package, then best of luck with it.

Sincerely,
Doug Levin

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is great when tuners can continually improve their products and their pricing. Sean Roe just posted a thread about his supercharger kit for under $6,000 and I know Doug Levin is constantly improving his cars and his work is reputed to be some of the best in the business (still haven't scraped up enough pennies to do mine). The question I would ask about the turbo packages in general is about reliability. Granted, I had two Grand Nationals (turbo V6's) and they ran all day long. However, I have not heard of many turbo V10's that last long. That's not to say they don't (far from it), but why is it that you VERY rarely see any VCA member post about his turbocharged Viper? If it is this good (and it certainly sounds great), why haven't other tuners gone this route other than a few one-offs? Is there any problem with spooling up (turbo lag)? What about the fuel system to support that PSI?

Again, I am not taking any sides, but am genuinely curious as to how this stuff works. I respect the work of our tuners and am eager to hear how it all pans out. As the prices become more competitive, I might actually be able to afford one of these great systems someday!
smile.gif

Chris

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Doug,

Thanks for joining in on this wonderful discussion.

What facts do I have confused? What untruths have I told?

If you are unhappy with Belanger Headers, then you are the first that I have heard of. I have never had a set of Belangers that I have installed that were not tampered with by someone else that have leaked, and there are several Vipers in the North Central Florida Viper club who are extremely satisfied with the product. I don't install pre lubers and the such. I don't install fumigating in trunk fuel cells either..

Like Mr. Miri says, "I could go on" but you have always kept your promises to me, so I will leave it at that. I wish you well with your products and look forward to some side by side action at this years VOI.

I look forward to seeing all Florida Viper enthusiasts who will be attending our clubs meeting this Saturday in Lakeland and we will have a few 750 SS cars there should anyone "just have to knowz" if they are faster.

As for Gerald, I remember that night..to set things straight, both myself and Lee Saunders ran 125 mph on motor only and 137 and 135 respectively on Nitrous. You had a Gen 1, we had stock Vipers with Nitrous and Propane. To give your car credit...Cash had never driven it, spun bad off the line, and easy shifted it. I thought it performed well.

My offer still stands..I will be glad to drive your car at the track with only the best of intentions as it surely makes enough power to reach into the low tens or high nines.

Tom

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom, keep up the good work. It takes a lot of guts to start/work on a Twin Turbo kit for the Viper, Cant wait for your TT kit to finish; i will be one of the first to have it for sure. Keep us posted, i will call you Monday to get some more details.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Supercharged Vipers:
Tom -

Your facts are way off and untrue.
I take pride in our work, our customers, and many other important aspects in the Viper community. Scott P's car presented us with a challenge WAY beyond our control and provided me with unfortunate insight (as well as hindsight) and in retrospect, I'll never assume a Belanger exhaust system as well as other performance parts installed by *another tuner* are correct for their intended application. The same rule applies for clutch kits, ****** systems and so forth. I spent uncountable hours correcting mistakes that weren't ours and I paid the price for it. This is in NO way meant to be offensive towards Scott P., just the car itself. Scott's a good man
smile.gif

If it's your goal to construct your own performance package, than best of luck with it.

Sincerely,
Doug Levin

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
Wow! I guess that thrown belt hit home with you boys! LOL.

Lets see, Moroso..I beleive the slowest time was ran by a
$ 120,000.00 Supercharged Viper. I didn't brag about beating that car. The eventual winner of that sad day of racing had to borrow a set of slicks just to run our time on stock tires.

Axles..my original BTR HD shafts are still in my car after hundreds of passes with no problems. We still guarantee them..even though NO ONE else does.

As for the Whoop Asp Club..it exists, you just can't be a member if you can't run the number! Jealousy rears its ugly head once again!

As for 9 second times, they are easily attainable and once we finish developing our TT and other packages that are presently being designed we will focus more on the fun art of going to the races. One thought for you..NO supercharged Viper has EVER ran in the nines.

As for the message board, it was designed for use as a communications network for my customers and unfortunately turned into a soap opra for folks thrown off of this and other sites. Im sorry that you miss it.

I can't blame you S/C folks for ********..Id be trying to protect the tremendous investment that I made on aftermarket parts too If I were you.

One question for MR. Miri, when have you outran me? or any BTR prepped car. We can meet anytime you want for your answer. I will even bring the video camera so come on out from behind that keyboard and take your medicine, boy.

Keep the comments coming, my skin is VERY thick.

Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cmon guys..
I could care less about 1/4 miles times. Most ppl w/ supercharges could give a flying f***. I know I don't. It's all about mph anyways. E.T. is nothing. I personally think it's all about on the road driving on the freeway, etc.... and having power available on tap whenever you want it. Some pckgs are for some ppl and some aren't. I know I would hate nitrous as I even think filling up my gas tank is a pain in the *** , but that's just me...
I think the Level II's and perhaps some level I's are running upper 130's to low 140's in the 1/4 just to enter this crap talk. And I think MOST s/c folks are running street tires, rims, no half shafts, stock shocks, sway bar still intact, etc. Tom, I bet if you got ahold of my s/c car and put your 1/4 mile setup into it, you'd run 9's...

Last time I changed my belt my mechanic did it in 45 minutes. And that was on a OLD gen I setup. The genII's are much easier and tightening it takes about 5 minutes.
See ya all this weekend!
smile.gif

Gerald

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gerald,

I agree with you 100% except for the mph thing. Drag racing is about the first 60' as that is what establishes the elapsed time.

Me personally, I don't care for going after land speed records, I like the quick acceleration of a quarter mile pass, and doing it again and again, not just once.

The level I and II cars that you are referring to, probably used Nitrous to achieve mph numbers in excess of 140. I have not seen these numbers yet. One thing to consider with regards to power on tap all the time is that the fastest of the Vipers ALL use nitrous..

An, example..Scott P.'s car(a level III) could not achieve 130 mph on blower only in a quarter mile pass.

Id be glad to try your car at Desoto at your convience as my goal is to put a Florida Viper (any florida viper) in the 9 second zone, even if our cars are not ready yet.

Tom

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. I hate drag racing and I think all the planets would have to align for me to get out....I know the dyno doesn't lie, plus there's some tricks I can do at the track to get an extra few pounds of boost out of it.

As far as NOT breaking into the 130's on a s/c. Sorry, can't believe that. My GENI 2 years ago, you were there, when Sir Hiss rode it (650CrankHP package) ran 126mph .I was running the same MPH as your Nitrous cars (now that I think about, I think you were running a little faster). I remember that day. 1st time I was ever at the track. Holy $hit, you guys were nailing it hard off the line and I didn't know cars could launch like that. (you and Lee) Now remember, that is a GenI motor, heavier car, spun off line for about 1.5 seconds, hit rev limiter in 2nd gear and to slow down and restart in 1st. And STILL ran a 12.2. I would imagine that car was capable of high 10's at 130 or so, GEN I. Oh well, I hate keyboard racing. Just get me out on US 19.. LOL!!
smile.gif

Gerald

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom, I have no ill feelings toward you and look forward to seeing you again, probably this Sat a.m. I just had to get involved in this post after you put sc'ers down and said it takes 5 hours to change belts , and imply belts always fly off, etc, etc Of course, I"m going to pipe up. It just seems you keep teeter tottering back and forth by saying one thing isn't good and you wouldn't touch it, and then a few months later, saying your doing it. That's probably where lots of people are coming from.

And of course, in what ever you do, I wish you the best as you came into this community and have been a success, and are an honest person (I'm not going to say luck, cuz I don't believe it in , heh, now if a 1,000hp TT viper fell out of the sky and landed in your driveway, THAT'S LUCK. But no hardwork can be mistaken for luck)

I really can't get involved with racing, or times, etc 'cuz I've never done and don't know the 1st or last thing about drag racing. But I do know E.T. isn't the measure of how fast a car is. I see low 11 second vettes running 113 or so MPH at the track. And that isn't very fast. They'd get killed if a viper pulled up beside them on the road.

BTW, bring one of those drag race videos with you to the Outback meeting..

Gerald

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

I have no ill feelings towards you either(you are too big!)LOL.

Posse' members of DLM decided to cast the first stone on this thread...its always the same ones, who have demonstrated no first hand ability to produce anything, and its either their way or the highway. Im sorry but, they have proven nothing to me, other than they are scared to line up when Im around.

For the record NO SUPERCHARGED Viper has ever beat me to the end of the Quarter Mile in side-by-side racing...actually the opposite has occured and I have it on VIDEO. Call it bragging..I call it defense against the Poser Posse'

I would like to think that my customers would not attack ideas of other tuners on this forum and If they did I would surely make my feelings known to them for their actions.

Someone is going to produce a TT Viper package, It might as well be me. Someone is going to produce more and more products for Vipers as time goes on..I say to them all, don't get beat down by the weak minded fools.

Tom

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom writes:
&gt; Call it bragging..I call it defense against the Poser Posse'

Woah now -- I do not appreciate being lumped into any group labeled "Poser". I raced my RT before I sent it to DLM, and I'll be racing it again after it gets back. Keep your generalizations to yourself.

Speaking personally, I chose to have DLM work on my car because his work and his reputation point to his being the best. To imply his systems are slow because you've never personally witnessed them run quickly is nonsensical; I've seen several DLM owners post about running 10s 1/4s at 130-140 mph without spray, and obviously if Gerald were to run his dyno-proved 750RWHP-without-NOS car on the track he'd be in the same range.

While I'm on the DLM tangent, I've been following developments in the situation with ScottP for months now, and while it's clealy unfortunate for things to end this way, I've seen how Doug has handled the situation and thus far I find no cause to change my mind about him or his business.

Back to the matter at hand -- Tom, I applaud your efforts (along with those of Roe Racing, Viper Shop et. al) to produce a mid-cost forced induction application for the Viper, and I truly hope you succeed. As with the other efforts, I'll be a believer once there are a number (e.g. &gt;5) of customer systems out on the road and working reliably.

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Ben,

You are not part of the small band of individuals that are posse' members. Miri, and Maxed are the usual folks with a few others that can't seem to help themselves from time to time.

Thank you for being one of my customers through your Viper experience, and please understand that DLM customers are not my targets. Those who choose to attack my posts for no good reason can always expect the full brunt of my retaliation.

Have a great weekend.

Tom

BTW: Im on my way to purchase a BRAND NEW VIPER to Twin Turbo as a model for continuing R&D. IM NOT USING CUSTOMER CARS.
This car can be seen tomorrow at our Club meeting as I will be breaking it in before its transformation takes place.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh oh! New Viper.. What year did you get? Hey , I know a tuner that will sell you a nice NO2/Propane setup
smile.gif

See ya tomorrow..

OMG, I Love Outback Cheese Fries!!!!!!! There goes my diet.

Gerald