Any Leads for moving a Large Truck?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's not my Viper, and it's something too big for Gary Almond.

I bought a "box van" or some call it a "cube van" but it looks like a U-Haul truck.

I need it picked up in Alexrandria Virginia and moved to Kansas City Missouri. It will require a low boy or drop bed open trailer.

It's about 10'-6" height, about 22' long and about 8' wide.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any Leads for moving a vehicle?

Why not hire a driver and have them deliver it? Would be much cheaper than having a truck/trailer to deliver it.

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yup, A great idea! I must have been a sleep at the wheel for that not to register!

Any takers out there??? Any one live in Alexandria Virginia???? You drive the truck here to Kansas City.... Then I fly you home....

PM me!!!

Thanks!

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ryck - My Dad drives a truck for Harvesters. One brother works for Peterbilt and drives some, the other one drives a truck for GE and my 2 nephews have their own trucking business in Tonganoxie. Other than those I don't know of anyone.
Tim

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gee Tim, rub it in why don't you!!! Tim any of them got a couple of days to burn for some cash??

Baz, that is one long flight just to help out! You da mam!

Yes, I will pay for all airfare, expenses on the road, and a pay check for helping. Anyone local to Alexandria Virginia that can help???? PM or [email protected]

Thanks!

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I may be able to help, I own a freight brokerage company.

I think you are going to need a double drop trailer if you want to move it that way and it will be expensive.

It would be WAY cheaper to drive it back to MO.

PM me if you want more info.. Thanks!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know a kid in Virginia who has helped me out at the race track before, he seemed very trust worthy and can probably do what is required.

Let me know if you are interested.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You would think an ad in the local Alex paper stating "Free trip to Kansas City" would get you a few phone calls. I wouldn't do this with an exotic car but a friggin box truck, I wouldn't pay much. Offer the driver gas fare (based on receipts) and a ticker home max and you should get several calls. Just take the most "qualified" caller. Just a thought.