Any Lingenfelter Vipers around?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lingenfelter / LPE isn't building them anymore, at least until they get some computer problems ironed out..
Anyway, they used to build quite a powerful all motor car with mods including cutting the intake apart to port it, then welding it back together. (I'd like to know more about that!)
The engines being available in 510ci and 540ci helped too of course.
I did a search but all I got was a vague post to a Lingenfelter Viper at one of the national Viper meets running 10.60s or something before the rains came..

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met a guy last year who had a Lingenfelter Viper. I think he lived near Lingenfelter which is in Indiana or Ohio or something. Only thing is he took the Lingenfelter modified engine out of his Viper so he could qualify for certain Viper Days races or something. Still had the Lingenfelter sticker on the side of the hood though.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brice ????? had an all motor Viper that ran in a Viper-Vette shoot out a couple of years ago at Bradenton Motorsports Park (1/4 mile track). He ran a very good time on a all motor car..... beat up a lot of Vettes that day.

Cudaman :usa:

V

vegasviper

I have the same intake your talking about cut, ported and then welded. Its for sale, im S/C now and dont need it.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brice ????? had an all motor Viper that ran in a Viper-Vette shoot out a couple of years ago at Bradenton Motorsports Park (1/4 mile track). He ran a very good time on a all motor car..... beat up a lot of Vettes that day.

Yeah..I think thats him..didnt he run a 10.3 that day??

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe Bryce ran a 10.2 @ 135 or 136 on all motor......

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe Bryce ran a 10.2 @ 135 or 136 on all motor......

Thats what I thought...He had the fastest allmotor till SW did the 10 flat with his RSI[?] car..Really wish LPE was still working on Vipers...His first try at one and it was NASTY...Imagine if he did a TT version :eek:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same intake your talking about cut, ported and then welded. Its for sale, im S/C now and dont need it.

Sounds VERY labor intensive.
Couldn't you go with extrude honing instead?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vaguely recall some discussions on the board about extrude honing the viper intake... I think the final report was that the gains weren't that impressive at all. I'll have to break out the old SEARCH button to see...

JD

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi gang, I am still around...still have my LPE 542. I have 4300 miles on it now. It still runs perfect. I am going to the Drags and autocross at Atlanta Sept 26. Come on over lets do burnouts and slide around! GB3

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know what city Lingenfelter is located? Also, anyone know if Lingenfelter is doing any better as I heard he had some serious medical problems. Thanks

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is in a coma in texas (racing accident), where his shop is. his son in law owns 21st century muscle cars (also in texas) and could probably duplicate the package bryce has

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Page is the man. He will hook you up if you're interested in anything Viper or Vette related.

Heck, he's even done work on my Lightning. If it's muscle, they'll take care of you.

First class shop - wouldn't dream of taking my business anywhere else these days.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi gang, I am still around...still have my LPE 542. I have 4300 miles on it now. It still runs perfect. I am going to the Drags and autocross at Atlanta Sept 26. Come on over lets do burnouts and slide around! GB3

I thought you were trying to sell it a while back.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading bewteen the lines, but I wouldn't expect a recovery.

His physicians rate the prognosis to recover from his neck and spinal injuries as “excellent”. They say that the chances of recovery from his semi comatose state are “extremely poor” in “the foreseeable future”.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/JLStatus.asp

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96