any places that can still properly do the 998 recall? Closer to MI the better?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
already called chuck tator and since hes not a dealer anymore he can't do it...what a shame.

Anybody know of any other places that could handle this and do a good job at it?

anywhere I can find the instruction packet to familiarize myself with what has to be done?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If above fails, watch for another IN/KY VCA Special Service Session where Tom Sessions comes to Indy and works on the books at a C-J-D-R dealer. He has done several 998 Recalls here over past 2 years. Shame you did not note that he was here last week as we posted it in the Forums of several neighboring Regions.

V

Venomiss

Ask someone from the VCA Motor City region who they recommend for service in & near Detoit.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Rod Harris (sevice manager) at Dick Scott Dodge. Most area Vipers go there for service. Rod was a viper owner and is still active in the local club.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rod retired a year or so ago. I'm with MCVO, if you still need help with this PM me your contact info and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine still needs it done. Havent found a place near Tampa yet so I just havent done it.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine done at Dick Scott Dodge when Rod was there. I'm sure they still have a tech that can do it there.

Do NOT take it to Bloomfield Dodge. That's where they screwed mine up. Although I don't think that dealership exists anymore anyway.

Wherever you take it to make sure the plates are installed in the correct orientation and location. It's easy to screw it up. If the plates don't cover up the oil filter you're all set. You can do a search and there's all sorts of posts about it here.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I get the kit and do it myself? I went to the dealer and they said my RT/10 has already had it done. In fact, it is my GTS that has had it done.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just cleaning the underside of my chassis and admiring Chuck's work. It's been many years since he did the 998 and there's no rust or difference between his work and the chassis. While I don't drive the Viper much, I do drive in the rain. Too bad you can't have him do it.

Regards,
-Avi
1997 Viper GTS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang