Any suggestions on DRIVEWAY RAMPS?

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy ramps to put at the end of my driveway to prevent scraping the nose of my car?

I will own a Viper again one day. I currently own a Vette, and it even scrapes at the edge of the driveway, where the gutter starts, just before the road.

I've only seen these ramps once in person, but I know some car nuts must have some knowledge/suggestions about these.

Thanks.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years back I saw an ad for a black rubber mat that you lay at the bottom of the driveway that SORTA blends in with the blacktop road. It was like 1-2" thick. You just leave it outside. If I find a link I will let you know :) ---

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a place called Steel and Metal liquidators. I picked up a piece of heavy diamond plate that they sheared for me at my last house. check you might have a steel dealer close to you as well.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a large piece of wood that I put at the end of my driveway. It's the full length of my garage and about 6 inches wide maybe 2 inches deep. The good thing about it is I can pick it up and put in my garage for the winter.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was brought up before and placing objects in your driveway detracts from the looks and may get stolen or moved around. Add concrete to the entry area to give a more gentle slope or remove/break up the current slope and remake with the slope you need to clear. More expensive but will look and work right.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was brought up before and placing objects in your driveway detracts from the looks and may get stolen or moved around. Add concrete to the entry area to give a more gentle slope or remove/break up the current slope and remake with the slope you need to clear. More expensive but will look and work right.

this is what i'd do if needed

Last edited:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just take a bag of cement and fab some ramps from cement?

Usually at the end of the driveway is a gutter to channel rain runoff to the storm sewer. You get in big trouble for blocking that. Something that allows water to run under is usually Okay.