Any update on suspension besides Motons?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious to see the status of alternatives to suspension besides the Motons. I still can't have fun and lite up the tires without severe wheel hop. I'd hate to spend $5k for suspension when it could be used for a Paxton :)

Frank

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, H ennessey is coming out with a new suspension for the SRT. FINALLY!!!! They should be on par with Moton and Penske, but less expensive, which is a great thing if you ask me. The full set including springs will be right around the $3k mark. Not cheap by any means, but much less than the only other decent option. You guys can thank me later for all my ******** and moaning! Hopefully I'll have the first set! ;)

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get my self in gear, I'd sure like to be the one to come up with this solution. I'm getting there, and hope it's in time to beat the competition. I've went through so much, I've got to finish this project.

Skip White

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you already got beat to the punch, Skip! I called lots of people, including you, but all I got was "I'm working on it". H ennessey has stepped up to make it happen. His stuff should be available in the next week or two.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to get them on my car! That's the last piece of the puzzle for my rig. I've been holding out for a nice setup with a decent price, and it looks like it's about that time.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you already got beat to the punch, Skip! I called lots of people, including you, but all I got was "I'm working on it". H ennessey has stepped up to make it happen. His stuff should be available in the next week or two.

After looking up some past posts on [******], I don't think I would order
anything from his business. Too bad they don't make the PSS-9 for the SRT 10.

Herc :usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh, lots of people think that , and I did too, but John has changed his ways big time. Everyone makes mistakes, and his were pretty big, but I'll give anyone a second chance. He has been tuning Vipers longer than almost anyone, so he knows his stuff.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eh, lots of people think that , and I did too, but John has changed his ways big time. Everyone makes mistakes, and his were pretty big, but I'll give anyone a second chance. He has been tuning Vipers longer than almost anyone, so he knows his stuff.

Big Carrot.
A buddy of mine bought a set of Aldans from him last year for his SRT-10. So I gave him a call.
He quoted me $3500 for the Aldans before I bought them from Jon B. at $1400.
Second chance wasted.

Ps Hows that bad boy running? Did you mount the OEM Michelins on your new wheels? I saw a picture of them on the alley, looks great!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I actually put Pirellis on the new wheels. They hook up great, but I'm Changing to 20" rears, so I'm going to do a full set of the new PS2's. They are suppose to be the ones to beat.
I almost wonder if John was quoting you Moton prices. That's way out of line for Aldans. You were one of the first to actually get them, weren't you? Maybe there was some misunderstanding. That said, John usually isn't the cheapest guy in town, but he's always treated me right.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What sizes, wheels and tires, are you going with? From tire rack?

Herc :usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm looking at 335/30/20 on the rear and 275/30.19 on the front. I'm not sure yet, but I think that's what I need. I wish they made the PS2's in a little wider tire, but everyone I've talked to says the 335/30's work very very well.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, I actually put Pirellis on the new wheels. They hook up great, but I'm Changing to 20" rears, so I'm going to do a full set of the new PS2's. They are suppose to be the ones to beat.
I almost wonder if John was quoting you Moton prices. That's way out of line for Aldans. You were one of the first to actually get them, weren't you? Maybe there was some misunderstanding. That said, John usually isn't the cheapest guy in town, but he's always treated me right.

He definately quoted me the Aldans.
Yes, I had one of the first sets they ever made for the SRT-10. They have been good to work with, I am now running their 6th generation coilover. I have gotten real good at swapping out coilovers and springs.
The Pirelli PS2 tires are the tires to have fo street driving.
My 997S was delivered with Pirelli's. At 300 miles I went to Tire Rack and had the PS2's installed and I am extremely happy.
On a side note, Discount Tire wouldnt sell me the Michelins because Tire Rack is the sole distributor for PCNA. (can you say B.S.)

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and Brian have been through a lot with the Aldans, and have them setup the best they will ever possibly be, and they do sort of, "get by", but they are far from perfect in my opinion. For there cost, they are hard to beat, but they just don't have enough piston travel in the rear, and still need better damping control. A shorter rear mounting fork, and remote resovoir is the answer, and never use Aldans choice of springs rate are brand of springs, wow what a joke that was.

Skip White