Any updates on the 2014's

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldnt hold my breath. zero 2013 1/2 LOL custom models have started as of yet. When they get delivered this summer, their parent company Maserati will be delivering "new" 2014 quattroporte models.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to my dealer and told him that rather than have a late 13, as I will be on the road until August anyway, I want to wait for a 14 and they are not happy with me. I will wait till next week and see what they say, if they don't want to do it I will ask for my deposit back and go elsewhere.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in same boat as you. except after I get my deposit back there is a local dealer with a F430 I have my eye on...
I talked to my dealer and told him that rather than have a late 13, as I will be on the road until August anyway, I want to wait for a 14 and they are not happy with me. I will wait till next week and see what they say, if they don't want to do it I will ask for my deposit back and go elsewhere.

OP
OP
F

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Local dealer here is accepting deposits for the 2014. I fail to realize how can this be when the specifics for the 2014 have not been announced.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same way I put down a deposit on my 2013 before ordering was opened. My deposit was refundable, so there was no risk, only benefit.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in same boat as you. except after I get my deposit back there is a local dealer with a F430 I have my eye on...
What is frustrating is seeing the dealers who have gotten the 100 red SRT cars, marking them up $20,000 over sticker and thus not selling them, while we all sit waiting.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My good friend is taking delivery on a Scuderia this week. Another an aventador and another a 458 Italia Spider...I want MY new toy!!!!!:D

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the F430 is black with red interior. only 2k miles..gorgeous car. I still want to wait for the GenV. I guess it is just frustration setting in. I would at least want an answer as to why there is the delay. I knew I shouldn't have gotten the red seat belts. imagine if that is what is holding up my order!!
I think i would have to go 430 if money was not a option...

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although the Scud and 458 are very high on my list, I'll take a Gen V any day if given the choice. Just make sure you end up with whatever car calls to you. If its a Ferrari and you can afford it, get it! Nothing moves me like a Viper, so I'm waiting for it. I've waited this long to get a snake (since I was a kid!), a little more time isn't gonna kill me.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although the Scud and 458 are very high on my list, I'll take a Gen V any day if given the choice. Just make sure you end up with whatever car calls to you. If its a Ferrari and you can afford it, get it! Nothing moves me like a Viper, so I'm waiting for it. I've waited this long to get a snake (since I was a kid!), a little more time isn't gonna kill me.

I can afford the 458 or scud and still decided on the gen V (as u know I have Lamborghini & Bentley history as well) because I agree with u and I definitely think this new snake is one of the most exciting new supercars out there!!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it is just frustration setting in. I would at least want an answer as to why there is the delay.

This. It's not so much the wait itself as it is the lack of status updates at all. I could deal better with the wait if they could at least provide a reasonably accurate anticipated delivery date or at least the reason(s) why the delivery date has been pushed back. The dearth of information is very frustrating.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's basically it. I wouldn't mind waiting if there was the least bit of info and a decent guess wo when id get it.

Well that and dealers sitting on crazy marked up cars.

Last edited:

AJ usmc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Capt Van: remember, anything worth having, is worth waiting for. but don't let them BS you either... its your dream so don't settle...

On a side note in my opinion: not to bash ferrari's, they are nice, I guess, they do have an incredible image, but to me they're more hype then substance. I've never been a fan of ferrari's, or more particularly, the majority of the snobs, I mean, type of people, who drive them. (there are a few exceptions tho).
now that I think of it, it's the attitude that several of the owners carry with them that's givin me this disposition against ferraris.

And I'm in the same boat with you on that, VENOM V, but unfortunately my wait period is a tad bit longer.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there will be no more orders for the 2013s and expect the next round of ordering to be 2014s.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you're correct.

are all of the launch editions & red dealer cars built now? or not yet?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you're correct.

are all of the launch editions & red dealer cars built now? or not yet?

Not yet...LE #101 is still on the line and has been for about a month! I've had my name on this car since October and am a little shocked they have built LE cars for dealer showrooms before those ordered by customers. Where's the love?:dunno: It's definitely not a numerical sequence thing as LE #144 is already been in a showroom and sold while my LE #101 has yet to be completed. I don't understand the logistics.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow. so custom orders are prolly gonna be in hand July/August. If so it seems like they should be MY 2014, and just keep the launch & red track pack cars as MY2013. Or at least make them MY 2013.5 Who wants a "new" car that is already "old?"

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely not me!!! that's why I am hours away from finalizing a deal, hopefully, on a '09 Scuderia!! don't know if it is a knee **** reaction or I am just be spiteful but I would like some answers. Along with myself many people on this forum stuck with Viper thru thick and thin. just want some honest answers, don't think it is too much to ask.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely not me!!! that's why I am hours away from finalizing a deal, hopefully, on a '09 Scuderia!! don't know if it is a knee **** reaction or I am just be spiteful but I would like some answers. Along with myself many people on this forum stuck with Viper thru thick and thin. just want some honest answers, don't think it is too much to ask.
wow. so custom orders are prolly gonna be in hand July/August. If so it seems like they should be MY 2014, and just keep the launch & red track pack cars as MY2013. Or at least make them MY 2013.5 Who wants a "new" car that is already "old?"[/QUOTE]

i waited a year and 2 months for my 08---- :rolleyes:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy just took delivery on a nice yellow scud...only mid 150's....great deal for a great car.

I really wanted to trade my gallardo in for the new baby bull successor but that isnt coming until 2015. 2013 was supposed to be the 10th & final year of gallardo but no they are coming out with a rwd balboni sl with a manual gearbox for a 2014 send off. So I prolly wont see the successor until 2015 for MY2016 in spyder form.

Seems all the cars I'm interested in are delayed:lmao:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This.

The wait would be easy to deal with if Dodge would just GIVE US A DAMNED STATUS UPDATE!

I gotta say that they have totally screwed the pooch on this product launch. There was no good reason to debut it in NY a year ago nor take orders as early as they did and I won't even get into the botched dealings with the press. Next time they should be much more ready for production before they even debut the damned thing.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i waited a year and 2 months for my 08---- :rolleyes:
I waited a year and 4 months for my 08, Actually they can build 2013's and call them that until Dec 31!!. That's what they did with the Rams

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped looking at other options awhile ago and just gave into waiting - but as others are stating, no news from dodge is growing old and is unacceptable.

The fact people stroll into a dealership and can buy LE's while people who ordered (even LE's!!!!) and put cash down in Nov wait with no status updates, is beyond preposterous. If I treated customers like that, they'd revolt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang