any "you should knows" before I begin the Zaino process?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any \"you should knows\" before I begin the Zaino process?

After receiving a few cone marks after this past weekends autocross event I was told WD40 would take them off, which it did. It also removes the wax.

I've just completed the Zaino process on my '97 Dakota which make an incredible difference!!

Since the wax is off in a few spots I've just Dawn washed the car to remove the remaining wax. I'm now gonna start clay baring the car. Anything I should know before I start clay baring? Can I clay bar the wheels (2001 GTS stock wheels)?

Thanks for any insight. I have a car show in 2 weeks so I have plenty of time to get all the crevasus and bring out the best in the cars finish.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: any

To learn more about cleaning and waxing cars than you ever wanted to, go to autopia.org
Should be OK to clay a clear coated wheel. Be sure they are clean first, and use lots of appropriate fluid.

Zaino can produce some spectacular results!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Clay works great on wheels. I used clay on my Bronco's wheels and it made a dramatic difference.

All I do on my cars is wash, clay, Zaino. I use the ZFX acclerator, allows quicker drying, and multiple coats without waiting for them to cure.

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Once you clay your car, be sure and follow the process that Sal spells out. Don't skip the Z-1 (like I did at first) or you will regret it. As Paul indicates above, the results can be spectacular.

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just finished the clay bar today and will Z1 it tomorrow. I had great results with the process on my '97 Flame Red Dakota!!! Cant wait to finish the snake. Next will be my '72 Blazer (all black). That should be interesting. I havent waxed it since it was painted back in the '90s (it sits in the garage 24/7 except car shows). Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21