Anybody do this to their SRT?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody paint the bottom half of their SRT like this pic below? I think it would look great in a flat black finish just like the picture.

You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, I have to admit...that car, that color, that angle, those wheels... looks really sharp. only killer is that damn fender/bumper thing...

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Franko,
My 04 SRT-10 VCA Edition has the bottom half painted in black at the factory. It does make it stand out from other SRT-10s. See my car's pictures using the http:// link below.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Golden Venom--I have the 05 VCA Special edition Yellow Fever #22 of 50. I didn't realize Dodge made a 04 model. Its different. Do you know if i can get the yellow Steering wheel? How about yellow inside door panels?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know which I like better. Anyone have a picture of a painted one to put next to this one??

Oh, and paint those wheels BLACK so they can't be seen. They is NASTY!! :p

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that the coupe has an entirely new piece in the back. If you notice, the shape is very different than the vert. So maybe we will be able to buy this plastic cover from Dodge?

OP
OP
F

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GoldenVenon,

Looks great! It does make it stand out from the others and i'd imagine it wouldn't be an expensive paint job.

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Golden Venom's '04 SRT10 is the one-off VCA raffle car for 2004 and is not related to the 2005 VCA edition "Yellow Fever" cars.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have done that to me silver 03 :D and also painted the fading on the lovers on the hood :D . The black on the rear bumper looks great. I will get a few pictures over the weekend and try to get someone to post them for me next week.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Golden Venom's '04 SRT10 is the one-off VCA raffle car for 2004 and is not related to the 2005 VCA edition "Yellow Fever" cars.

That is correct: His car is the 1 of 1 raffle car and NOT a VCA Edition SRT-10. Note the wheels, stripes, interior, and even the shade of yellow - all totally different. Although there is a bit much exterior chrome for my personal tastes, you can see the blacked out lower part here:

Definitely a gorgeous car and my stripes of choice!

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have pictures of my silver car with the black painted bumper :2tu: , but I don't know how to post them :confused: . If someone will post them for me I will send them to you so everyone can see a silver car "two toned". Send me a PM and I will forward the pictures on Monday. Chris HINT HINT!!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have pictures of my silver car with the black painted bumper :2tu: , but I don't know how to post them :confused: . If someone will post them for me I will send them to you so everyone can see a silver car "two toned". Send me a PM and I will forward the pictures on Monday. Chris HINT HINT!!!

Hint hint taken - e-mail them and I will post them gladly! :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here is Steve's award-winning SRT-10 with the black back insert, not to mention those VERY cool black hood vents with the fade...

And another picture from the front showing how the hood vents look up close. Note that Steve has my vote as THE best all-around use of a Viper: Not only does he track this car VERY often, but he also won the Chicago World Of Wheels show competition recently. THIS is the way to get the most out of your Viper!

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve I remember seeing your car at Viperdays at VIR last August... gorgeous. How'd your rip the right side skirt off?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve I remember seeing your car at Viperdays at VIR last August... gorgeous. How'd your rip the right side skirt off?

If I remember correctly he had an altercation with a berm at Gingerman. But not for me to fill in details.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Steve was behind me I'd move over into the next lane! Not everyday you see a street legal race car coming down the road! :2tu:

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
CTViper,
My car is a one-off VCA Edition 04 raffle car and not 1 of 50 VCA Edition 05 SRT-10s. Yes, I was the lucky winner. It is the first yellow with full black stripes SRT-10. It has chrome wheels, Venzano custom leather interiors (all pieces are yellow or black leather and not dyed plastic, even the two small roll bars), Team Tech 6 Point Racing Harness, black/yellow seats, black lower bumper, polished exhaust tips, custom metal console with VCA emblem, exterior VCA badges, custom leather top cover, carpets with yellow VCA logo, 2 car covers, 300+ photos, list price $115,999. And I think the best feature is the VIN 00001. It has been in 2 car shows and won 2 trophies. You can see some photos using the link below and more photos under my user name. I am in debt to the VCA!

PS: I love those 05 yellow VCA SRT-10s too!
Sorry to hijack this thread!

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobra 4b, The side sill was off at VIR due to a heat build issue in the side sill which was actually hot enough to start melting the wiring harness on the floor of the passanger compartment. So the side sill was off to help eliminate the heat issue. The problem was solved with an engine rebuild at Arrow Engineering(GREAT COMPANY TO WORK WITH)compliments of Dodge.

VIPER SRT, I was hoping everyone had forgotten about that little AWH S_ _ _ T!!! incident. That had nothing to do with running without a side sill. But for future reference watch out for turn 6 at Gingerman when the grass is wet. They now have a sand pit between turn 6 and the grass berm. I was the first of five people to end up in that forgettable position last season. I was back at Gingerman 5 weeks later and my first session out I took 2 seconds off my best previous lap time. The moral is get back on that horse and beat his ASP and never look back. Sebring is just 7 weeks away. We will be giving the new Motons a test down on that historic track, I can't wait.