Anybody else received a email virus from this guy (Viper Jay read)

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is not directly Viper related but I wanted to get it out to the masses. I was bored this morning and ran across this old thread.

I am a member of the MidSouth Viper club, about a month ago we started receiving an e-mail from this troll (Georgi). It had a virus atached.

Just a warning to all

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB17&Number=423671&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If the moderators aren't already on this I wanted to pass it on.

Bill

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

His computer may have sent the virus without his own knowledge. Most often people are sending viruses and they truly are unaware. This is most likely a scenario of an end user who hasn't run his antivirus definition update or the program Spybot (which is free and can be downloaded once found at Google.com) Today's viruses demand constant attention paid to one's own computer.

Jay K.

Reaction score
Yes Bill.....computers can send out viruses from ANY computer AND make it look like it came from ANOTHER computer/person. Did you read the thread that you referenced at all???? I posted in that thread:

LOL!!! He is someone helping with the code on the site. Most likely he "fiddled" with his post count as a joke....much like I did years ago when I set mine to 25,000 (or something like that).

So, your efforts, while commendable, are for naught. Georgi helps with the site, it is VERY unlikely HE sent you an e-mail with a virus, and...he is not a troll. Your concern has been noted. <Nextel....done>

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fortunately have a firewall and email virus scan / protection prior to which I had ALL sorts of crap going haywire with my PC (trojan horses, etc)