> Anybody know somebody selling a full race track prepped viper? <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a track only race viper (not a comp coupe -- to pricey for my hobby) that is reasonably priced. I have decided that my open top RT/10 isn't the most ideal race car and would prefer to get a GTS that has the full roll cage and other safety equipent, is lighter, handles better, faster, etc.

I checked the classifieds, but it seems like most listed there are already sold or I havent gotten any response back from the owners.

I'd prefer an ABS car, but that isn't a requirement. Something that is pretty bullet proof, can run in 110 degree temps in the desert without overheating on me, and witht he right driver can put a spanking on most things on the track... that is what I want.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Manny

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check this one out. I thought there were 2 in the classifieds but i was wrong...sorry.

For Sale: TNT Serpent 555 # 18 05/27/2004 &amp;#8212; 38000 Details
This Viper has 350 miles on the TNT 555 package. Additional upgrades include custom pistons (stock compression), con rods, aluminum flywheel, balanced and blue printed engine, cross drilled rotors, kevlar clutch, short throw shifter, upgraded gaskets, Dana super 44 (3.43) rear end, griffin racing radiator, twin fans, pre-luber, carbon fiber cowl, adjustable shocks(comp,reb,hgt). It dyno'd at over 530 rwhp (have print out) with no computer mods and is capable of close to 600 rwhp on pump gas (with computer mods). Looks and smells new (have all receipts).

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank Barba was selling his track Viper with proven record, I saw the car at track, very impressive.

Lauri

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might call Bobby Archer Viperspeed.com He has several and can give you the lowdown on each of the cars. He can also help you decide exactly what you should be looking for based on what you want to do.
Cheers and good luck.
Jim

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, I have a proven winner. VRL winner, Viper Challange Series Winner in 2 Classes, NASA Viper Vette Challange Series Champion (Class 1), &amp; won races this year also with NASA. Go to www.picturetrail.com in the box on the left type the word hemidaytna look for the folder. Don't let anyone tell you that a RT can't run with the coupes.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
West Coast Viper was selling their blue car. The engine is their 650 kit, and the suspension and brakes were done for the track. It was $50k, I believe. Strong car, and they'll be the one's servicing it for you anyway. I would buy that car if I didn't already have one.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
West Coast Viper was selling their blue car. The engine is their 650 kit, and the suspension and brakes were done for the track. It was $50k, I believe. Strong car, and they'll be the one's servicing it for you anyway. I would buy that car if I didn't already have one.

They sold that one a while back.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, if you can hold off until mid October my GTS will be for sale. It also has an extended warranty until 2007.
The car is fully sorted and ready to kick butt. It runs 1:31's on street tires at Willow Springs and 1:26's on Slicks and that is with a full interior and a stock engine.

Jonathan

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny:

Check your PM. Light blue ex-WCGT car in my avatar is in the classifieds is for sale. Seller is very motivated... Call me at 216-533-9425.

Rich

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe Ron Adee is selling his '96 gts that won one lap of america. check out the Illinois region members area to get more info on him.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny, if you can hold off until mid October my GTS will be for sale. It also has an extended warranty until 2007.
The car is fully sorted and ready to kick butt. It runs 1:31's on street tires at Willow Springs and 1:26's on Slicks and that is with a full interior and a stock engine.

Jonathan

Dang Jonathan, that is pretty damn fast. Are those times with you driving it? What is your new car pulling?

I'm really looking for a car that has been made fully track ready, including the safety gear. I have my other vipers for the street, so I thought I would get one that is just for the track.

-M

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-M,

If you are interested we are selling our 96rt-10. Has everything you need to track it and kick some *****. It would need a paint job as the hood and front bumper is bare carbon fiber. 11.3:1 compression, triple disc clutch, brembo's, all the safety, suspension and many extra's. Same car we ran the Nebraska ORR last year. Runs strong and smooth.

jR.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one just went in to the classifieds:

Category: New/Pre-Owned GTS's

Subcategories: Racing GTS's

Price $54,999

Year 2001

Model GTS Coupe

Mileage 9,000

Exterior Color Yellow/Black Stripes

For Sale By Dealer

Description

Winner of many SCCA National Races, and a clone of Bobby Archer's T1 Snake, this Viper was driven successfully by Deb Loth and is a wonderful custom job. Built by Viperspeed, it is ready to run (has the proper log books) and win!

Call or email Bill Pemberton at:

Woodhouse Viper
2171 S. Hwy 30
Blair, Ne. 68008
1-800-889-1893
[email protected]
Contact Information

USA
Telephone:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web Site: http://woodhouseviper.com

DFiorelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1996 blue/white GTS is for sale. It was prepared to SCCA T-1 specs in 2002 by Bobby Archer. Archer's ViperSpeed team did all the race prep and maintenance during 2002, 2003 and 2004 seasons. I won the SCCA Southwest Division National points championships in 2003 and 2004 with this car - zero DNF's. It has been bulletproof in the Texas heat. The car was last raced on July 4 at Texas World Speedway where I won the National race giving me 5 consecutive National wins.

This car is ready for the track and would be a great buy for someone who would like to run all the track events at VOI here in the DFW area (especially Viper Days - the best track-time deal going). Bobby can arrange to get the car to the events and do trackside maintenance.

I'm asking $49,000. Contact Bobby Archer at 817 877-1772 for details.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny,

I will have two full race proven winners going up for sale shortly. My primary car - VRL GT Champion last year, and the car I am now running in the Speed World Challenge which is still completely legal in the VRL. The second car was purchased from Jim McCann and has been fully upgraded. Both cars are safe and very well sorted out.

Some track times from the west coast:

Button Willow - 1:57.984
Willow Springs - 1:24.090
Thunder Hill - 1:55.504
Phoenix - 1:04.402

(The primary car is shown in the avatar - click on it for a larger view)

I'm leaving tomorrow for Watkins Glen to race in the Busch North Series, but I'll be back on Monday. If you have any interest I'll be happy to talk to you about either of the cars. In any case, good luck with your search.

World Challenge Car shown below:

1029217-med.jpg

Primary car shown below:

102926.jpg

Sonny Whelen
[email protected]

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the street tires time is mine. The slicks time belongs to Terry Rossi. I pulled a 1:26.XX in the new car the first time out with it. The new car is very fast and light.

Jonathan

Dang Jonathan, that is pretty damn fast. Are those times with you driving it? What is your new car pulling?

I'm really looking for a car that has been made fully track ready, including the safety gear. I have my other vipers for the street, so I thought I would get one that is just for the track.

-M

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny,

I will have two full race proven winners going up for sale shortly. My primary car - VRL GT Champion last year, and the car I am now running in the Speed World Challenge which is still completely legal in the VRL. The second car was purchased from Jim McCann and has been fully upgraded. Both cars are safe and very well sorted out.

Some track times from the west coast:

Button Willow - 1:57.984
Willow Springs - 1:24.090
Thunder Hill - 1:55.504
Phoenix - 1:04.402

(The primary car is shown in the avatar - click on it for a larger view)

I'm leaving tomorrow for Watkins Glen to race in the Busch North Series, but I'll be back on Monday. If you have any interest I'll be happy to talk to you about either of the cars. In any case, good luck with your search.

World Challenge Car shown below:

1029217-med.jpg

Primary car shown below:

102926.jpg

Sonny Whelen
[email protected]

Let me guess Sonny,
You are getting a Comp Coupe for your birthday? :2tu:

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I have had quite a few people email me abou their cars, from gen 1's to comp coupes and for every time of racing class there is.

So, I wanted to ask what the difference is in car setups between the various race classes. If I am looking for a fast car that sticks to the road better than others (more aero), what should I be looking for? I've seen SCCA T1, SpeedWorld GT, Wold Challenge, and a host of other races/classes mentioned.

Those of you who race, can you break this down for me? I know that certain races/classes limit what you can do to a car, and since I will most likely just be joining various open track events vs. going wheel to wheel with cars in actual races (at least for now) I need to know what the pro's and con's are.

Thanks,

Manny

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Manny,

You can get alot of opinions on ways to go. It all depends on the type of racing you want to do today and further out. What type of budget do you have for the car? For your season? I recommend talking to a pro who has seen it all and made all the mistakes; or seen others make all the mistakes already. This can be relatively costly to get into and then change directions. They can help you make a plan to get you from where you are to where you want to go. I now have a 1 and 3 year plan. I may modify it as my circumstances change but at least I have a direction and am not wasting money trying to go in multiple directions at once; if that makes sense? I've used B Archer to help formulate my plan. I'm sure he or others would take the time to chat and help you come up with your own plan.

I know several of the cars talked about here and there are some really fine examples available. I think it just gets back to where you personally are going and budget.

Good luck and happy hunting,
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine