Anybody know which pin wire to tap into for Drivers O2 Sensor for Gen II ?????

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As the question states, anybody know the pin number of the wire to tap into. Trying to connect it to one of the inputs of the Vec without running a wire all the way to the 02 sensor.

Thank you for your time...

OP
OP
E

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Disregard found the wire with the help of Sean

Forward black PCM plug on a Gen2, pin #26, black with green stripe

If anybody needs to know one day.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind those are just Narrow Band Sensors, they dont tell you much of anything useful!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you trying to do?

Dan:
I agree with you on the limited info the narrowband supplies. However, it is interesting, on the LSI Edit and HP Tuners forums, the GM crowd seems to use that data with without hesitation??

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What are you trying to do?

Dan:
I agree with you on the limited info the narrowband supplies. However, it is interesting, on the LSI Edit and HP Tuners forums, the GM crowd seems to use that data with without hesitation??

Jack: Its better than nothing, and its CHEAP. I think that last word explains why it is popular with the GM crowd, lol. It is pretty much only useful to make sure your AFR is below a certain limit, though it will not tell you what it is.

Also, it is of course in terms of Fuel Trims for building base tables- but tapping it directly wont give you useful information in that respect.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can use narrow bands within their range to tune VE tables (or MAF Xfer) in closed loop (i.e. part throttle and idle). I know with the Fords, the first thing you do is turn off LTFT correction for WOT, as it can quickly make things go badly. Focus on STFT and use LTFT as a gut check. The GM guys are a little different in that their LTFT corrections are actually accurate and most often are applied to WOT fueling with good success. Still doesn't replace the need for a wideband to tune WOT or any other open loop scenario. That said, WOT tuning is still dependent on a wideband, among other things, and all of the GM tuners that I know still use a wideband for WOT tuning.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can use narrow bands within their range to tune VE tables (or MAF Xfer) in closed loop (i.e. part throttle and idle). I know with the Fords, the first thing you do is turn off LTFT correction for WOT, as it can quickly make things go badly. Focus on STFT and use LTFT as a gut check. The GM guys are a little different in that their LTFT corrections are actually accurate and most often are applied to WOT fueling with good success. Still doesn't replace the need for a wideband to tune WOT or any other open loop scenario. That said, WOT tuning is still dependent on a wideband, among other things, and all of the GM tuners that I know still use a wideband for WOT tuning.

While this is of course correct, there would be no reason to tap the O2 directly- all of that information would be much better represented by an OBD-2 scanning program.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While this is of course correct, there would be no reason to tap the O2 directly- all of that information would be much better represented by an OBD-2 scanning program.

Absolutely. I was responding to Jack's post about using the narrowband O2 sensors to tune. I'm not experienced with the VEC to know whether or not it requires dedicated input from the factory O2 sensors for closed loop fueling or if the OP was trying to replace the need for a wideband.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21