Anybody pi$$ed about the Dodge SRT Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you viper owners are pi$$ed off that dodge is coming out with a truck that has the same engine as your viper in it for about 30 grand less. It just seems to me that it would hurt the viper knowing that you could get the same engine in their flagship model viper as in a pickup truck. Especially when the truck is suppose to run 12's stock.

Mike L

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think its great. It would make a great combo to have one with the Viper. At least Dodge is going to do it right and not have a motor subject to throwing a rod out of the side of the block like Ford has. 12's may be tough as it will be severely traction limited and difficult to "hook up" in a truck configuration.
Mike

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its a great idea. The RAM will make it so you could mod your Viper for a lot less, more tuners will start working on the V10 motor.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parts for the engine should easier and maybe less money to come by now.....

More after market parts too.

OP
OP
J

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig 201 MPH,
That brings up a good question. If I was a Cobra owner I guess I would be kind of mad that a truck can beat my Cobra. I race my friends 99' cobra all the time with my 99' lightning and beat him 9 out of 10 times. Though I have a chip and other mods I still beat him, and I know he gets mad that a truck beats his sports car. I'm not saying this is true about the SRT TRUCK and the Viper case but I think it might be pretty close. Especially with the truck having 50 more horses then us. Any thoughts

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, its one thing for dodge to make a truck with the viper engine, since the viper is still faster

its another thing when ford makes a truck that is faster than its flagship car....

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Red">Ok by me! I like the idea.Trucks are cool on the street these days. More parts-yes. Still not one on every corner-yes. Cruising round in a 12sec (read 11 sec undercover N2O p/u) -yes. $45K for a limited use truck-yes/no...? I do love my 95 Ram though and the SRT-10 Ram is tempting.</FONT c>

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sovich, I don't think the GEN 2 cars will be worrying too much, the ram weighs alot more and will have a much larger driveline loss esp if it only comes with an automatic. Plus this thing is gonna be a PITA to get to hook up unless it's running drag radials. I think it's a cool truck.

Craig

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think that the SRT truck is a great idea.
It means that the cost of the new V-10 is shared between the Viper and the truck.

And that aftermarket parts should become more affordable because the truck will make a much larger market for mods manufacturers to recoupe their investment.

Everything from sport wheels to blowers that may work with the Viper should become available, and not at exotic prices because the truck market wouldn't support it.

Also having the V10 in the truck will make it harder if DC were to decide to drop the V10 engine (not likely, but a consideration).

I can imagine a future SRT RAM-Lightning, SRT/10-GT/40 comparo coming up for an interseting magazine article.

-Dean.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think its a great idea with one BIG drawback.....now all the rustang owners are going to rush out and buy the Viper Truck and start flooding the boards with "my truck is just like your car!"

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't bother me. I like the point that parts for our Viper might be cheaper now. Besides, I like the idea that I might be able to have both vehicles some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4