Anybody seen the new Chrysler sportscar concept unveiled?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, quite a car. Read the article carefully, and as other articles have said, Chrysler is careful to point out this is NOT a concept, but rather a PROTOTYPE. One article I read say they expect to have it (probably one) on the road this summerfor testing, etc.

Later,

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it in person yesterday.

Its actually kind of ugly. Its a start though.

I was more impressed with Chryslers new luxury cars. They are pretty cheap and look really good.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa) - January 13, 2004

Detroit (dpa) Chrysler is to build a V12 super sports car presenting at the Detroit Motor Show (January 10-19) a prototype of the car to go into serial production next year.

The two-seater car with the project code M-E 4-12 is to be built largely with carbon, aluminium and other light-weight materials, the manufacturer said.

The engine will come from the Mercedes subsidiary AMG with some 850 horsepower. The competitor of the Ferrari Enzo, Mercedes SLR and Bugatti Veyron will take just 2.9 seconds to 96 km/h. Chrysler put the top speed at 400 km/h.

Road tests are scheduled immediately after the motor show. On the medium term Chrysler is planning the production of 300 units per year.

Copyright 2004 dpa Deutsche Presse-Agentur GmbH

:headbang: :D :2tu:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Looks awesome. In the same league as the Enzo, McLaren, Carerra, Bugatti (and even the Mercedes).

Probably out of my price range. If it costs so much that I would resist driving it for fear of an accident or reduced value, then I really do not want it. But I can dream.

Not sure what it would mean for the Viper to be third fiddle with the DCX family.