ANYBODY W/94RT RUN NO CATS?

SPARKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IM AFRAID TO TAKE OFF THE CATS FOR FEAR OF BEING TO LOUD AND LOUD DRONE. I BOUGHT THE BALENGER CATBACK BUT LEFT THE CATS ON BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TOO LOUD. IS IT TOO LOUD??

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a 94 Black without cats....noise was deafening on the interstate, a constant drone, worst problem was the smell....need all windows out or all in and the air...very bad exhaust odor....sounds great in the city...would have it no other way ..........

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers, 3" Catless Exhaust...been there, done that. Extremely loud. It was fun being the loudest redneck around for awhile. I never noticed the smell unless the car was in a very tight area. Most Gen 1's burned very clean with/without cats.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers, 3" Catless Exhaust...been there, done that. Extremely loud. It was fun being the loudest redneck around for awhile. I never noticed the smell unless the car was in a very tight area. Most Gen 1's burned very clean with/without cats.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor...

order 2 of the 2 1/2" In/out Dynomax Bullit mufflers. 12" lengh (15" total I think). Put them in place of your cat, remove the resonator (if you have one).

Presto... nice exhaust, w/o the 1500-3K resonance and less burning eyes.

MM