Anyone being effected by the Fires in S. Cal?

Reaction score
I'm located in San Clemente, near the Camp Pendleton fires. We took pictures last night 6 miles away from our house as the fire was cresting the hilltop. So far nothing other then bad air quality / smoke. With the quantity of Viper owners located in the S. Cal area I'm sure there may be a few that have had losses over the past few days. I wanted to offer a hand if there is anything I can help with.

You must be registered for see images

more pics if interested: http://members.cox.net/gstg1/fires/fires.htm

PS: I know it's in the wrong posting area. I don't have access to post in the S. Cal area.

Last edited:

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had to evacuate Monday night. Tough choice, but had to leave the vipers behind in the garage. Things have gotten better and we were allowed back into the house yesterday. Our house was one of 368 in our neighborhood (Scripps Ranch) that burnt to the ground in 2003 so we were a bit nervous, but the response by the CDF, city and county was much better.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10ACR ... so did you lose your home? It sounds like you did from your post? Do you need any help with anything?

He said he lost his home in 2003...that this time the responses by the departments was much better...we are also hoping that he and others do not lose their homes...keep us posted? ~juli

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm located in San Clemente, near the Camp Pendleton fires. We took pictures last night 6 miles away from our house as the fire was cresting the hilltop. So far nothing other then bad air quality / smoke. With the quantity of Viper owners located in the S. Cal area I'm sure there may be a few that have had losses over the past few days. I wanted to offer a hand if there is anything I can help with
96-RT10., I live in DP, across from the Chart House. I went to walk my dog at 10 last night and saw the same, holy $%%@%! Couldn't see the flames this morning, seems like the wind has shifted. Let's hope they can get a handle on this today

01RedCognacRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am located in Chula Vista and was luckily spared. Spent the last few days evacuating San Diego residents and searching for potential looters. A few pics from San Miguel Mountain...

-Dave 01 RT/10
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to a bunch of my friends last night and they all said that they would be allowed back in their homes as the evacuation order has been lifted for San Diego and luckily none of them lost their homes. Man I feel for you people. I lived in SD for 5 years in the mid 80's and never remember any fires, just earthquakes.
Kind of ironic, the wife and I are talking about relocating to the Del Mar area next year but now she is having second thoughts.

94BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the Rancho Bernardo section of San Diego and we just got back in our house yesterday after being evacuated early Monday morning. Two miles away, 350 homes were burned to the ground. My gosh, it's sooooo random. We were very,very,very lucky. Viper was up in Murietta, about an hour away, getting some maintenance work, so she was safe and sound.

Now it's just clean up time--lots of ash to get rid of. My heart goes out to those who didn't fare as well. And God bless those firefighters--they are an amazing bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi