anyone blow headgasket on a gen 2?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is 18,500 miles on the car

Replacing all of the bearings at this point is cheap insurance. You can do it while the engine is in the car from the bottom without an issue. There are also MUCH better options than OEM for the Rod bearings, that are actually cheaper than stock. If you want a set, give me a shout.

I dont know what anyone else thinks, but IMHO, I think head gaskets are easier than timing cover gaskets, so long as there isnt a block defect that causes you to need to remove the block from the car.

OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alright, now it will take a week for me to receive the new gaskets and a service manual. Is it fine to leave the oil drained, or should I fill it up with some fresh oil? Also, someone else who had the same problem with me flushed his engine with oil and marvel mystery oil. Any thoughts on using this?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Alright, now it will take a week for me to receive the new gaskets and a service manual. Is it fine to leave the oil drained, or should I fill it up with some fresh oil? Also, someone else who had the same problem with me flushed his engine with oil and marvel mystery oil. Any thoughts on using this?

No problem leaving the oil out of the car. In the mean time however, you may want to pop off the valve covers and **** out any sitting coolant in the valleys around the valve springs and pour some new oil over everything to flush as much as you can down into the pan, as well as clean out the inside of the valve covers if they have any buildup.

I would not recommend adding any type of oil additives to a Viper engine as a rule of thumb, I find most of them to either be too harsh or just plain hocus-pocus. I cant speak for that one particular additive however.