Anyone Change Color of Vert Top?

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The zo6 is a little different than acr, acr is a viper with splitter and wing and brake rotors and a 110,000 dollar price tag. The zo6 is completely different frame engine and brakes etc. no comparison
Nobody was comparing anything, I was simply pointing out you can dress up a base viper to LOOK like ACR. Depending on the package and trim, Z06 can hit hundred grand as well, getting close to ZR1.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C5 base and Z06 frames were exactly the same. C6 base and Z06/ZR1 frames are different.
Yeah the C5 ZO6 had different geared trans and heads/cam/intake/wheels/brakes/suspension, new has different frame/body material and engine.
All in all though for someone whose going to mod a car buying a base anything is a great value.
You could add on coilovers, supercharger and even same wide fenders to a base vert and kick the **** out of a ZR1 even for 10-15k instead of the 50 they charge.
People get the best they can afford and mod from there if you like but there are a lot of things on these expensive cars you'd never miss unless you're competitively racing on a track. My opinion.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup I agree thats why I said new (C6) has different frame. That's a beautiful 427 but with new vette coming out might be a hard sell. I came from 2 C5s and know you have a C6 daily driver.

PeterMJ any pics of that Corvette interior? My car is a commemorative so I have blue stripes on the outside and also some slight blue accents on the interior. I dont think a dark blue top would look like ass against a black interior, the colors are not much different, it would give uniqueness and blend nicely I believe.

What do you think?

http://mercedesclk.net/mercedes-clk-430-convertible-features-and-reviews/

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I found a pic of my car from very long time ago, there is no way this car would look with blue top, the interior has to match the top if you want to go custom (I had a white piping added to match the exterior and custom leather top boot with matching white piping). Leave the top black if you cannot go full custom. Then again, do whatever yanks your boat.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Yup I agree thats why I said new (C6) has different frame. That's a beautiful 427 but with new vette coming out might be a hard sell. I came from 2 C5s and know you have a C6 daily driver.

PeterMJ any pics of that Corvette interior? My car is a commemorative so I have blue stripes on the outside and also some slight blue accents on the interior. I dont think a dark blue top would look like ass against a black interior, the colors are not much different, it would give uniqueness and blend nicely I believe.

What do you think?

http://mercedesclk.net/mercedes-clk-430-convertible-features-and-reviews/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog