quickjack suitability

mitch cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone using a quickjack advise which model it is thanks, and any issues you may have had regarding using it and the vehicles
low stance?

Thanks

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I bought a BL-5000SLX from Costco many years ago when I had to do my first engine removal and rebuild. I should have bought one years before that, it's really nice to have. It is a bit of a pain to use on my Viper, but I've also lowered mine a bit and it might be just enough to be an issue. I have to jack it up and set the wheels down on a 2x4 or something like that to get the Quickjack under it. I think if I was still at stock ride height it might just barely fit under there. It seems nice and stable though, can't complain there. Only issue is doing tunnel work is a bit annoying just because you have to go in from the front or the back and slide all the way (or I guess creeper, but even fully raised the car is low enough you don't have a ton of room). I think the only other car I might have used it on so far is my 71 Vette, but I honestly can't remember. The side frame rail of the Vette isn't as long though, and tapers in at the front to get behind the tire quicker than the Viper, so the lifts don't sit super parallel. Works nice with the Viper though. It is a heavy mother though, so moving them around can be interesting. They have rollers so you can move them without too much effort, but I bought the wall hanger kit to store them and getting them on and off takes a little bit of effort.

Long story short, they take some time to set up and use, but I think they are a great alternative to a traditional lift when all you have is a home garage to work in. They limit side access, but are great for suspension work and stuff like that. Gets the car high enough to be able to work on pretty easily if you don't mind laying down under it.

TrevShand

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 and it works great. Just make sure the rubber blocks are on the right place on the frame. When you feel under the front and back they feel almost like chain links for lack of a better term.

KEVIN P MCCARTHY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 6000 TL. Works great. I use a set of Race Ramps to get the car high enough to slip the quickjack frames under the car. Buy a set of roller ball transfer bearings (Amazon) and mount them on the underside of the frames. They do add about 1” to the height of the jack frames but make it much easier to maneuver the frames into position.

kmagnuss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the same thing but similar… I have the MaxJax portable 2 post lift. Love this thing and it fits fine without 2x4’s or jacking with stock height.

Attachments

• 4D6E1E63-FF2F-44F9-98B1-A36815E7DDE6.jpeg
    4D6E1E63-FF2F-44F9-98B1-A36815E7DDE6.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 038B129D-317C-4B94-9468-0EBBC8926688.jpeg
    038B129D-317C-4B94-9468-0EBBC8926688.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 17

Jametemp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the same size as MoparMap. My 97 GTS has the lowering caps and the 5000 fits fine. I did have to buy the low profile pads as the stock ones are to tall.

As others have said, they can be a pain to move around the garage. As well as take up a lot of space. If you can afford it, buy the wall mounts.

OP
OP
M

mitch cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a BL-5000SLX from Costco many years ago when I had to do my first engine removal and rebuild. I should have bought one years before that, it's really nice to have. It is a bit of a pain to use on my Viper, but I've also lowered mine a bit and it might be just enough to be an issue. I have to jack it up and set the wheels down on a 2x4 or something like that to get the Quickjack under it. I think if I was still at stock ride height it might just barely fit under there. It seems nice and stable though, can't complain there. Only issue is doing tunnel work is a bit annoying just because you have to go in from the front or the back and slide all the way (or I guess creeper, but even fully raised the car is low enough you don't have a ton of room). I think the only other car I might have used it on so far is my 71 Vette, but I honestly can't remember. The side frame rail of the Vette isn't as long though, and tapers in at the front to get behind the tire quicker than the Viper, so the lifts don't sit super parallel. Works nice with the Viper though. It is a heavy mother though, so moving them around can be interesting. They have rollers so you can move them without too much effort, but I bought the wall hanger kit to store them and getting them on and off takes a little bit of effort.

Long story short, they take some time to set up and use, but I think they are a great alternative to a traditional lift when all you have is a home garage to work in. They limit side access, but are great for suspension work and stuff like that. Gets the car high enough to be able to work on pretty easily if you don't mind laying down under it.
thanks for the input

OP
OP
M

mitch cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 and it works great. Just make sure the rubber blocks are on the right place on the frame. When you feel under the front and back they feel almost like chain links for lack of a better term.
thanks
I have the 6000 TL. Works great. I use a set of Race Ramps to get the car high enough to slip the quickjack frames under the car. Buy a set of roller ball transfer bearings (Amazon) and mount them on the underside of the frames. They do add about 1” to the height of the jack frames but make it much easier to maneuver the frames into position.
handy info

OP
OP
M

mitch cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the same size as MoparMap. My 97 GTS has the lowering caps and the 5000 fits fine. I did have to buy the low profile pads as the stock ones are to tall.

As others have said, they can be a pain to move around the garage. As well as take up a lot of space. If you can afford it, buy the wall mounts.
thanks