Anyone else missing fasteners on splash guard?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just happened to notice on my '03 that the front splash guards on BOTH sides are only held on by one fastener (plastic push pin). Look in your wheel wells and tell me if you guys have all 3 fasteners on your splash guards. It just so happens that both of mine are held on by the innermost hole and the outer two holes are empty. It stays on okay, but moves around by hand pretty easily. Has worked fine so far I guess, but me no likey holes where there should be screws :crazy2:

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lost the entire plastic piece off the drivers side, and a few months later, I noticed the passenger side was sagging because it only had one fasterner left. I removed it and am awaiting my replacements from VSP.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny story about the air deflector. One day in 2008 I was driving my Viper on the highway and I suddenly hear what sounds like a firecracker like sound coming from underneath on a fairly regular basis. I get very concerned and call Mark Leslie at University Dodge to describe what I am hearing and that I am coming in immediately to see what is wrong. As I drive slowly and carefully to his location, I am getting more and more worried. I finally turn into the service area driveway and Mark is standing there waiting. As I drive up, he bends down a bit to look under the car and then broadly smiles. I stop the car; get out; and say "what's so amusing"? He informs me that the sound was my air deflector hitting the road and bouncing up and down. Did I feel like a fool? Yes. Was I greatly relieved? Yes. Did I laugh at myself with Mark? Yes. It still makes me laugh thinking about it.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. this is common.
I replaced mine by fabricating a longer one (6061-T6 polished aluminum)that not only deflects the air creating a votex to help cool the cats but also deflects the stones saving the paint from chipping on the sills. I have one other member here that has them. They work great attaching to the frame with SS bolts. You can hardly notice them, small but effective. If intrested PM me.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: