Anyone ever heard of United Auto Transport?

ba$$fan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were $300 cheaper than Passport for shipping a viper 2k miles. Ya ya, cheaper is certainly not always the way to go...but if they are reputable...

I've also checked with Horseless Carriage, Reliable, Passport, Exotic, and Inter City...

Passport seems the most personable and knowledgeable after talking with them (and on other posts here)...so I will probably end up going with them but wanted to get the scoop on this United company first.

Last edited:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were $300 cheaper than Passport for shipping a viper 2k miles. Ya ya, cheaper is certainly not always the way to go...but if they are reputable...

I've also checked with Horseless Carriage, Reliable, Passport, Exotic, and Inter City...

Passport seems the most personable and knowledgeable after talking with them (and on other posts here)...so I will probably end up going with them but wanted to get the scoop on this United company first.

Check out www.showcartrans.com, and ask for Dave. They did a great job with my first delivery, and am working with them again for my second one. And hundreds less than the ones mentioned above, with just as much care and professionalism. Just my .025 cents!

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had 2 cars shipped with Reliable and they ****** me around for 6 weeks. They lied every time I called to see what was going on and the cars arrived on the bottom of the trailer and were full of oil and coolant from the cars above leaking I would say STAY AWAY from them!!!!

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passport is the Official Carrier of the VCA, they do offer club Membersa discount, but you'll have to let them know you're a VCA member and give them your Member number. Membership has its privledge :)
Now you still may find some one cheaper, but you get what your paying for at the end of the day.

We shipped over 180 cars for VOI without a problem. That speaks volumes about a carrier....as a guy in the trucking industry, NOT ALL CARRIERS ARE CREATED EQUAL

I would say go with the sure thing, would you be glad you saved $$$ if your car was deivered damged?

Passport also has 2 trailers wrapped for the VCA! So support those vendors who support the VCA!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have used Reliable, Intercity, and Passport --- all are quite good, but Passport is now the VCA Official Transporter as noted previously.

Never heard of the first one, but we tend to stay with our own personal transports or the ones listed ,as often some of these other carriers switch trucks in mid stream with someone else, and it can end up on an open trailer.

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As hard as you have worked to find YOUR Viper...it will be worth a couple of extra bucks for good handling and the peace of mind gained knowing that you are dealing with an experienced company.

Best of luck to you...it's going to be a fun Spring in your area!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant