Anyone ever try this product -40 degree's...keeping car cooler

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone ever try this product -40 degree\'s...keeping car cooler

I think this stuff is pretty much a distilled water mix with some additives and some antifreeze but not much. I was told it will keep your car cooler by 40 degrees...

You must be registered for see images

Here's a description.

40 Below

Engine Coolant

Highly recommended for the lowest operating temperatures! You have to drain the radiator to install the hoses, so why not upgrade your coolant at the same time?! 40 Below prevents coolant temperature from rising excessivley while vehicle is towing, climbing, sitting in traffic or running with restricted airflow. Provides overheating protection. Maintains coolant operating range 180-210 degrees. Reduces extreme temperature up to 40 degrees.

Directions: Drain radiator completely (the water and antifreeze in the engine will not drain out). Fill radiator with 2 cans of 40 Below and 60/40 water/antifreeze mix (use distilled water if possible). Start engine. Make sure thermostat opens and system is full and free of air. Go for a 15 minute ride.

Note: The above procedure is designed to create a mixture of approximately 80% distilled water, 20% ethylene glycol anitfreeze and 2 cans of 40 Below which provides the best cooling results.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone ever try this product -40 degree\'s...keeping car cooler

I used that stuff in my Mustangs. It was no different than running straight water and a couple bottles of Water Wetter...other than the price. That stuff is expensive, for what it is.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Water Wetter is getting hard to find though. My local Pep Boys no longer carries it. The last time I got it was at Autozone. I used two bottles (like $4 each) and distilled water. Probably a good idea to put a small amount of coolant in also, to keep the water pump lubricated.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Zerex Super Racnig Coolant has the corrosion protection but doesn't have ethylene glycol so it runs cooler. There was a writeup in Car and Driver. Sure worked in our 69 Roadrunner.

Doesn't offer freeze protection though so need to drain in cold climates.

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Zerex Super Racnig Coolant has the corrosion protection but doesn't have ethylene glycol so it runs cooler. There was a writeup in Car and Driver. Sure worked in our 69 Roadrunner.

Doesn't offer freeze protection though so need to drain in cold climates.

AB - this is what we put in my Viper when you helped with my coolant change.

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I used that stuff in my Mustangs. It was no different than running straight water and a couple bottles of Water Wetter...other than the price. That stuff is expensive, for what it is.

What he said. I dropped 40 degrees going from water/coolant to distilled water + water wetter.