Anyone got a template or measurements for locating side emblems?

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's my car:

You must be registered for see images

And here's a picture of an identical VOI-X coupe I grabbed from the internet with the correct logos on the side sills:

My badges have arrived (Thanks Chuck!) and I sure would like to locate these correctly the first time.

Thanks,

John

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, if nobody comes up with the dimensions for you then go ahead and PM me. I do things like this all the time as a 3d engineer. You'll need a good profile shot of the car with the logo. Then print it out on a full shhet of paper. Then you take measurements with either calipers (preferred) or even a good quality scale and come up with a formula (very simple) that you multiply by to get the proper dimensoins to locate it. BAHM! It's done. :)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mesurements are in the service manual. PM me, I'll send you a pdf of that page.

F

FrgMstr

Here is a close-up. I marked mine before I took the others off. You can locate off the side sill/fender edge and the crease in the sheet metal. Given that you will never see the two at the same time.....

F

FrgMstr

I think they look better if you put them lower than the stock position.

I played with that too, and I thought I was going to do that, but changed my mind to go stock at the last moment. To each his own. :)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I played with that too, and I thought I was going to do that, but changed my mind to go stock at the last moment. To each his own. :)

I think if you lower it, it makes the body look a little thicker/fuller and if it's at the stock position it makes the body look a little longer/slimmer. Just be creative a give it the look you want!;)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm Wrong. I looked all through the repair manual and the measurements are not there. Sorry

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte