Anyone have a busted gas cap assembly?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I lost the pins holding my gas cap assembly together. Well, I found them and now all I'm missing is the small spring that goes over one of the pins. I'm sure I can call the usual sources, but I'm also sure they'd like to sell the whole assembly, not just one small part. I was thinking if someone has a damaged unit they'd like to get rid of, I'd gladly take it off your hands. I'd post a pic of the part...... if I had it. :D

Thanks!

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called the usual suspects, with no luck. I'm waiting to hear back from Scharf, but I won't hold my breath. I figured it would be next to impossible to track the parts down, as I'm sure they'd rather you drop several hundred on the entire assembly. :( It ***** because the assembly came back looking GREAT! Much better than what I thought it was going to look like. Now I know why they wanted me to take the damn thing apart. :D

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the pin / spring? Measurements?

My snakes are still sleeping in bags and I do not have easy access to the gas cap of the FE GTS.

There is one manufacturer of springs (my memory! Ah) in Bavaria I could contact if you cant get it otherwise. I know that they do a lot of springs for car manufacturers. But will be on vacation the next two weeks anyway.

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call or PM Mike (99 RT/10)
I can't believe he hasn't replied yet letting you know he's got one :D

We talked a few weeks ago. I think these may be the only parts he does not have. :D

Do you have a pic of the pin / spring? Measurements?

My snakes are still sleeping in bags and I do not have easy access to the gas cap of the FE GTS.

There is one manufacturer of springs (my memory! Ah) in Bavaria I could contact if you cant get it otherwise. I know that they do a lot of springs for car manufacturers. But will be on vacation the next two weeks anyway.

Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of the spring. I still have the pin that the spring goes around and clips to, but I will not be able to grab a pic until the weekend. :crazy2:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to get pics and measures (mm) and post here ...

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try to get pics and measures (mm) and post here ...

The bad thing is that I can't remember how much of the pin the spring covered. :mad:

The good news is that I've located tons of companies that can make me the spring, if I send them either specs, or a sample. If I go this route, I'll have them make 100 so nobody has to go through this crap again. :rolaugh: