Anyone have a CARFAX ?

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a 97 Viper from a private party and I just realized my CARFAX account ran out 4 days ago. Can someone help me out? The VIN is 1B3ER69E5VV302554 Is has been painted Pearl White which makes me wonder if it hasn't been involved in an accident. It's located in Guthrie Ok. Anyone out there seen this Viper? It was on Ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=595424562&r=0&t=0
Any info would certaninly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Greg

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Doesn't look exciting:

The Carfax database contains a total of 9 vehicle history records on this 1997 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe (1B3ER69E5VV302554):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS

03/24/1998 18 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued
Odometer reading recorded on 03/04/1998

--------------------------------------------------------------

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car was for sale in Texas when I was looking for my car.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn't this car been kicking around for quite some time? How many times has it been on eBay? I hope that the seller is representing the car correctly - I believe someone brought all these title issues to their attention some time ago - especially since it is this easy to see the giant SALVAGED title warning with a CarFax report.

Good luck!

Janni

Oops - never mind - I see the rather antagonistic seller has pulled the auction. Interesting sales technique he was employing...

Reaction score
This is the same car I went and looked at in Ky for another Viper VCA Member. This car was a total waste of my time going to look at. I would not waste anytime on this car. My two cents.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the Ebay listing:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Stop with the dumb questions already! Yes it has been repainted. It was done right by a complete panel by panel removal. It has a clean title. I bought it used out of state and do not Know how many owners it has had. If you want a one owner car there are several on ebay! Even new cars are on ebay if you want a warranty, I personally do not need a grease monkey that works at the local fly-by-night dealer working on my car. This car needs nothing! DO NOT BID if this bothers you Go find a corvette, that is probably want you want anyway. DO YOU GET IT?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No bids, no suprise...

OP
OP
G

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who replied. I guess I'll be passing on this "great" deal.