Anyone have any OEM seat material?

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to source that vinyl, fabric material that's used on the side bolsters of a GEN 2 seat. Seat color is black. I just need a small amount to replace the whole driver's side bolster piece (worn from ingress/egress.) 3' x 2' would probably do it. IIRC, I read a thread with someone stating that they had some of this material. -or- Can someone point me in the right direction to purchase? Thought I'd try you guys before I bug Chuck, John B etc... Thanks, Rob :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if ya find some, let me know i still have that spot on my drivers seat too.

i know a local place that will do it if i find the material.

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem, Phil. I'll get enough for you too, if I can locate that dang stuff. I've got a bunch of great shops that can do the work, but they all say "find the material and we'll stitch it up for you..." :crazy: That's what started this quest...Edit: I see you've encountered the same. :p

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here on my driver's seat. If you find the name and style of the material would you pm me???? A friend of mine can do the seat but doesn't know what the exact fabric is. I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Mark

:rolleyes: :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most any competent vinyl repair shop can fix that rub area without anyone being able to detect it. You will be amazed by what they can do.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shop wouldn't have to take out the old piece and replace it? Would it help if I slid into the car naked and then got dressed?????

:eek: :shocked:

G

grcforce327

The shop wouldn't have to take out the old piece and replace it? Would it help if I slid into the car naked and then got dressed?????

:eek: :shocked:

That would make the seat "BROWN" instead of black!!! :D :D :D

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK then I'll put on my Depends b4 I get in. What these things need is power swiveling seats and a GPS!!!!!

:D :D :D

NOT!!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 (OEM black interior) and I'm not sure if the seats are different, so I dont want to get anyone's hopes up, but when I 1st bought my car the side bolster on the LH seat was badly worn (even had a small hole in it from the wear and tear). The upholstery place here replaced it with a near perfect match! Even the pattern in the fabric is the same. BUT (there's always a but)...the place is only opened the same time I work and is 30 miles away from my job so I dont know when I'd have time to get by there, esp. since I dont drive the Viper to work. If everyone will list how much they need I'll TRY to get by there sometime soon and buy the fabric :2tu:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used many seats and interiors from wrecking yards to finish street rods and Keyston Fabrics(google) can order what you need from Detroit Auto Upholstery. Keyston also has books by year and make model for all colors. I just matched a 96 Taurus for a headliner.

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought I'd give an update on my search for the OEM seat material. After much investigation, I got lucky and found a local auto upholstery shop that had an old roll of the original vinyl material (color black) on site. I had them replace the upper left side bolster of the driver's seat. It looks factory original again - a perfect match (color, texture, grain). :laugh:

I tried to get the name of the material, material code, color name etc. so that I could pass the information on, but the only thing we could find on the back of the material was the Chrysler brand name/logo. :( If anyone is interested, the name of the shop is Tom's Auto Upholstery, Butler NJ, (973) 838-5152 - ask for the owner, Rodger Pisani. There is no "Tom". :crazy:

Rodger said he'd be ok with selling smaller sizes of the material. Apparently the industry standard is a yard. You'll only need a 1/4 yard of the fabric to do a complete upper or lower side bolster. Though, I would certainly confirm this with Rodger.

If there was sufficient interest, I suppose I could get a yard or two from Rodger, divide it, and send it out to you guys. Also, I took a few pictures of the finished seat (I'm sure they're not the greatest quality, but I tried), if someone could post 'em for me? :confused:

Now on to my next Viper project! :nana:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the e-mail button in my profile and ye shall get them posted :2tu:
I'm currently entertaining the thought of re-upholstering the entire interior of my Calibra myself, helped by my mother behind the sewing machine.

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hit the e-mail button in my profile and ye shall get them posted :2tu:
I'm currently entertaining the thought of re-upholstering the entire interior of my Calibra myself, helped by my mother behind the sewing machine.

Thanks Willem. Email sent.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just got back from rob's house and it looks perfect. ya cant tell at all.

im going down to that shop monday for him to look at mine next.

rob was my guinea pig

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone have any OEM seat material? Flash Gordon

If Flash can get me some seat material, I will be a happy Viper guy. :usa:

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just thought I'd give an update on my search for the OEM seat material. After much investigation, I got lucky and found a local auto upholstery shop that had an old roll of the original vinyl material (color black) on site. I had them replace the upper left side bolster of the driver's seat. It looks factory original again - a perfect match (color, texture, grain). :laugh:

I tried to get the name of the material, material code, color name etc. so that I could pass the information on, but the only thing we could find on the back of the material was the Chrysler brand name/logo. :( If anyone is interested, the name of the shop is Tom's Auto Upholstery, Butler NJ, (973) 838-5152 - ask for the owner, Rodger Pisani. There is no "Tom". :crazy:

Rodger said he'd be ok with selling smaller sizes of the material. Apparently the industry standard is a yard. You'll only need a 1/4 yard of the fabric to do a complete upper or lower side bolster. Though, I would certainly confirm this with Rodger.

If there was sufficient interest, I suppose I could get a yard or two from Rodger, divide it, and send it out to you guys. Also, I took a few pictures of the finished seat (I'm sure they're not the greatest quality, but I tried), if someone could post 'em for me? :confused:

Now on to my next Viper project! :nana:

Crazy, just give Rodger a call at the above number. I was going to get a yard or two, but I didn't get much response, so I dropped it. I told him to expect a few calls; he has the fabric set aside... :2tu:

OP
OP
F

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is a yard of it?

I thinks it's in the $60 - $80 range. You probably won't need that much fabric, though, depending upon what you're re-doing. I know that a quarter yard was enough to do one full upper or lower side bolster...

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Thamks, I will call Rodger tomorrow. I have a 97 GTS. Does the material have a "pebble grain" texture? I am trying to post a photo of my bolster [image]http://
You must be registered for see images attach
[/image]

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Phil, I was concerned because in the photos it looks like mine has a more pronounced pebblegrain

Tony

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather