anyone have bucking at low speeds?

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 03 and at slow speeds, in the lower gears, it bucks like my gen 1 did. Is there anyway to fix this??? it drives me crazy in parking lots. Help !:irked:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its surely not a parade car; might have something to do with the long 3.07 diff ratio. Would be interesting to hear from others who changed their diff ratios. I usely put into neutral when it starts bucking. By the way my CTS-V does the same thing.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be macho here, but not a lot of engineering was put into parking lot cruising comfort... THANK GOD!

I have found the "bucking" gets worse with the age of the plugs and wires. Swap them for new. It isn't in the manual but they should be changed annually.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not speaking from experience but I think a lightweight flywheel helps. Maybe someone with one could comment. There was a thread about this recently but I can't find it.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you can reduce by low speed launch techinque but it's always going to be there. I've added 3:55's, flywheel and have 2K plugs and didn't see a difference (althought I wasn't looking to improve the surging). Can't cure, work on techinque, keep left foot ready.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spent 15+ hours trying to tune this out of a car after we tuned it with a vec3. Even with the VEC removed, the car still did it. The bucking wasn't consistent either... Which made it more challenging.

Car will go back to dodge to see what they say.

More to come...

Joseph

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try and hang on for 8 seconds and wait for the bell before clutching in to get rid of mine. :) Stop and go traffic is a pain with that bucking thingi......get used to it.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the light weight fly wheel and 3.55 gear. The bucking is there, not bad though, and just a little more with the light weight fly wheel. Like Joseph Dell said it is not consistent.

To be honest I kinda like it. Sometimes while cruising around town I just let her buck.;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be macho here, but not a lot of engineering was put into parking lot cruising comfort... THANK GOD!

I have found the "bucking" gets worse with the age of the plugs and wires. Swap them for new. It isn't in the manual but they should be changed annually.

plugs AND wires? Guess ab is in the right biz

Reaction score
My o6 coupe does it a little, but it got real nasty with the DC PCM I had to have them remove the tune from it and I just use it for the skip shift and fan turn on it's a big waste of money to me. I have random cats, corsa track , 170 thermo, 3.55 gears none of it made any diff. Taking the tune out made it bearable. My engine runs at 175 all day long no matter how hot it gets it's great but I run about 200 degrees without the air on. Even being in traffic for a while with the air on it never gets over 175 and oil temp can go up to 190 to 200 never higher no matter how hard I drive it on the street. Just thought I would pass that on. The C6 Z even with a 160 thermo and tune will never run in traffic less than 190. Not like the C5's that would run 170 with a 160 in it. It seems the cooling system on the Z's are not as good as they should be.

OP
OP
D

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm plenty used to the bucking after owning a gen 1, but i did not expect it to be this bad with the gen 3. Everything else is so refined !

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a simple solution. Whever there is no need for forward inertia push in the clutch and coast.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader has the right idea, go to a lower gear or give her a little gas, push in the clutch, coast, and then repeat if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte