Anyone have pics of the 5 long-spoke wheels on the convert?

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost purchasd the copperhead wheels till I figured out that the wheels shipping now are "longspokes", are different and look terrific. Duh. They give the illusion of the wheels being larger-

Anyway, There has to be some verts shipped lately with these wheels? Pics Anyone?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost purchasd the copperhead wheels till I figured out that the wheels shipping now are "longspokes", are different and look terrific. Duh. They give the illusion of the wheels being larger-

Anyway, There has to be some verts shipped lately with these wheels? Pics Anyone?

I think you are refering to the 06 Coupe wheel, or I think they may be called the FE (first edition) wheels. Ive only seen them come on the Coupe. They are nice looking.

11124101405580new_stock_wheels_on_silver-med.jpg

OP
OP
K

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep that's them- Parts Rack calls them "long spokes", I have this photo, it's photo shop'ed. I was looking for hopefully a real side shot...

Something about these wheels- they just seem to look better than the 10 spokes, didnt someone say they were originaly designed for the SRT-10?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know there was a difference between the "Copperhead" 5 spokes and the 5 spokes that are on the new coupes. Does anybody have a picture of the two side by side for comparison?
Thanks

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
11124copperhead.jpg

Sidewinder Copperhead wheels, they have about a 1.5" lip, where the FE wheels dont have a lip.

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's my CE vert before delivery...I had them install the coupe 5 spokes for me. I love them.
4346DSCN4664-med.JPG

TK

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are very different in person (current 5 spokes vs Copperhead 5 spokes). The current 5 spokes blend into the wheel at the outer diameter while the copperhead spokes blend inward an inch or so from the outside edge (some dish showing).

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11124copperhead.jpg

Sidewinder Copperhead wheels, they have about a 1.5" lip, where the FE wheels dont have a lip.

Actually that's not quite right, and I know you did not mean it this way, but the 5 spokes do have as much lip, maybe more than the sidewinder, they just have no lip where the spoke meets the outside of the rim. Sidewinder has lip all around as the spokes curve in. I've seen both side by side and went for the 5 spokes. HOWEVER, if you want weight reduction the Sidewinders are the ones you want, 28 pounds total all 4 wheels, no weight reduction with the 5 spokes. If you are tracking the car, get the sidewinders, good deals on blems from Jon B. The 5 spokes are very pricey if bought from Dodge parts.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely like the look better than the stock H wheels. How much lighter are they?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely like the look better than the stock H wheels. How much lighter are they?

correct your terminology please. Stock 10 spoke is what you meant and its "standard", H wheels are not standard, they are an option.

H Wheel:
4596sm_DSCN02911-med.JPG

First Edition 5-Star:
4596sm_DSCN02941-med.JPG

Standard wheel:
4596DSCN0067-med.JPG

I WILL SELL EITHER OF MY H WHEELS OR 5 STARS FOR $5500.00 BUT ONLY 1 SET, AS ONE SET HAS TO STAY WITH THE CAR.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Before buying one or the other, you should see them both side by side. The "long spokes" look a bit chunky and are very heavy compared to the Sidewinder wheels.

After comparing, I went for the polished Sidewinders from Parts Rack, but to each his own.

The new H-spoke wheels look really different. Does anyone know what they weigh?

Dan

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea on the H wheel weights. But to me they look like 5 Honda emblems rotating around. Not exactly the image I would want on my Viper.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Never thought of it like that GR8 ASP, but you're right!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang