Anyone have picture of Black Anodized centers on CCW (Purner) rims?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperholics,

I know I've seen a few pictures of the Purner wheels with the black anodized centers on Vipers. Although after doing several searched, I can't seem to find any? Can someone help me out?

Thanks

P.S. - How is the new search engine working for everyone else? Seems like I am not getting hits, when I think I should. Am I doing something wrong, or are others having issues as well?

Later

NapaRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
onerare...

I just got a set of Hre 546's. Wanted black anodized centers, JonB at partsrack talked me out of that idea, he said finish wouldn't hold up. Went with back painted centers
and clearcoat. Looks good, easy cleaning.

Ken

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks interesting. John Purner speaks highly of the black anodized centers. Also said they are easy to take care off.... :confused:

Anyone else.....

Stephen Yap

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My anodized blue aluminum rotor hats faded because of brake heat. The stock polished/clear coat 97 wheels yellowed for the same reason. Maybe the wheels, anodized black will keep especially if you don't generate heat. I recently powdercoated my track wheels steelgray with a clearcoat. It looks like it will hold.

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come'on Viperholics.

I remember the post of a red Gen II GTS ACR with pictures of the Purner anodized rims. I just can't seem to find it with the search function, or can't remember who the owner is.....

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang