Anyone Have Their Gas Pedal Get Stuck Before?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving from NJ on the way to PA and then all of a sudden my gas pedal got stuck. I pulled over to see if everything was ok and it seemed ok and then it happened again yesterday. Has this happened to anyone before? I am going to take it to Buhler and have them look at it. Is this covered by warranty to be fixed?

Thanks everyone

Keith

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I checked that. The carpet thing is a pain too but these times it was the pedal. The car kept going and I was a bit nervous so I took it out of gear and it just continued reving until I hit the gas a few times and the pedal came free.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
F355...assuming that you see nothing in footwell that would impair pedal, and after you check throttle cable for connections and "hang up" and check throttle bodies for debris, you might check the rubber grommet that anchors throttle cable as it exits firewall...if this breaks/pulls apart, you have no effective pedal.

Please post what you or Buhler find.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had this happen before, but not in the Viper. About two months ago, a friend went to New York and left her new 6-speed Maxima at my house. 1st time I went full throttle, I let my foot off the gas and the damn pedal was stuck to the floor, scared the heck out of me as I was on a normal city street and those Maxima's are pretty damn fast for a normal V6 sedan, hit the brakes and the pedal popped up. Happened everytime I went full throttle, except when I dropped into 3rd on the highway and went through the gears w/o the pedal getting stuck at full throttle on my way to the airport to pick her up. It didn't get stuck on any mats or anything, just at full throttle the pedal would stay there.

Told her about it and she went to get it checked, but of course the dealer found nothing wrong :rolleyes:

off topic: that 6 speed Maxima suprised me with how quick they are, car was awsome on the highway and for a n/a V6 it had ton's of low end torque, (obviously not Viper like in power lol).

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it did scare the crap out of me. I called the dealer and they said they would take a look at it. They are going to fix the problem no matter what because I am not driving that car until it is fixed. This is very dangerous.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IN a car like the Viper a stuck throttle is no joke.

I've never had it happen in a modern car but if I did - I'd go back to the dealer and pull his happy sack over his eyebrows if he didn't fix it right. That's a dangerous problem to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken