Anyone in the Calgary area with Belangers?

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was in the Calgary area that has belanger headers and exhaust on their GenIV? I was contemplating on buying a set for mine, but would like to hear them in person before I drop the hammer.
Thanks,
Ted

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would contact the guys at Davenport here in Calgary, they might be able to lend some insight.

Tony2

OP
OP
H

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tony,
I know Steve at Davenport just installed some Belangers on an '08
I was just hoping that one of their customers might be someone on the VCA. I don't like asking for customers names, just feel like it would be infringing on someone's privacy.
Thanks!

OP
OP
H

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on a Gen 2 here in Edm.

Tim

Hi Tim,
I think the sound is probably going to be different on a GenII cause of the way the exhaust is laid out.
I do appreciate the offer though, and would love to check out your genII. (I'm a closet genII lover).
Thanks,
Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Ted

Join the VCA and you can post on the Western canada forum. You could search YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. for an exhaust video

Membership is handled by Fred Kappler ([email protected]) for our region.

You're right about the exhaust sounding different on a Gen2. The Corsa tech told me that the tone is much more mellow because of the equalizer tube and the exhaust tubing being triple the length of the sidepipes so ... yes the Gen2s sound better!!! :) at least I think so.

There is quite a few Gen 4s in calgary and I'm pretty sure that more than one has changed exhaust - just can't remember who. Probably Greg Phillips on his ACR? He's a race driver instructor at Race City.

Ted

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I'm running stock.

I had Billy Boat cat backs on my Gen III. To my ear it was the best sounding car ever. I really miss that burble!

Greg

OP
OP
H

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I'm running stock.

I had Billy Boat cat backs on my Gen III. To my ear it was the best sounding car ever. I really miss that burble!

Greg
I had B&B's with dynatech long tubes on my C5, that exhaust burble was absolutely perfect. I'm trying to accomplish something similar with the viper, but being a V10 with no cross over and a different firing order, I know the viper really has a sound of it's own.
I had talked to Billy Boat about a GenIV exhaust, but they have not developed one yet, as they have no test mule. I'm actually considering trailering my GenIV to Arizona over the winter for them to use.

OP
OP
H

hightest

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ted

Join the VCA and you can post on the Western canada forum. You could search YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. for an exhaust video

Membership is handled by Fred Kappler ([email protected]) for our region.

You're right about the exhaust sounding different on a Gen2. The Corsa tech told me that the tone is much more mellow because of the equalizer tube and the exhaust tubing being triple the length of the sidepipes so ... yes the Gen2s sound better!!! :) at least I think so.

There is quite a few Gen 4s in calgary and I'm pretty sure that more than one has changed exhaust - just can't remember who. Probably Greg Phillips on his ACR? He's a race driver instructor at Race City.

Ted
Hi Ted,
I know I've been a little lazy on the membership. Now that work has begun to pick back up, I will be sending out a membership application right away.
Would you be able to forward over a Western Canada app. form or maybe a link for one?
Thanks,
Ted

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted,

I recently just joined the Western VCA. I found their webpage in the "Western Canada" area Western Canada Viper Club - Home which has some general info and the application form with instructions.

I filled out the form, mailed to them with a cheque, they emailed me within a week or so, then I PM'd the mods here with my VCA membership number, and viola I am a VCA member!! Also introduced mself in the Western Canada area and they seem like a good bunch and told me to keep my eyes peeled as they may have some get togethers/cruises still this year.

Tony2

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Tony2, hightest your link is posted. I look forward to adding your names to my email list.

I just finished writing an article for www.domesticdriver.com/Viper Magazine on our last Kelowna Wine Tour 09. My last Kelowna story was in Fall (or winter?) Viper mag and the summer issue had our Revelstoke event published. Anyway, this story will be published in Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ ezine Nov/Dec. issue so get your free subscription.

Ted