Anyone in the L.A. free on the 27th?

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im dropping off my car at unitrax shop tomorrow and will be waiting at the shop all day to get the gears done. Just wanted to see if anyone in the area was free to go to lunch or somthing. Anythings better then sitting around all day

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Devin if they can drop you off at the nearby mall to hang out while they are doing your pumpkin.

They also have a workshop lounge where you can take a nap on a well used couch.

It is also pretty interesting to watch for a bit as they clank away. They really take good care of our Vipers, and spend extra time to make sure it is done right.

They will also check around your suspension to make sure everything is torqued down correctly when putting everything back together.

It is really a complicated project, and takes some time to do it right and with care.

If the gears are set up too tight, they will be noisey. If too loose, the tend to be weaker.

If you are driving back down to San Diego, you might wish to pull over about Capistrano to let the fresh gears cool down 1/2 hour, then again when you get home.

The break in period can be important to end up with some cool running, silent gears that will last for years.

Resist the temptation to check out the new torque available with the new gears until you have heat cycled them several times...then ENJOY!

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul I'm sitting in San Clemente right now letting them cool off. Your right it is hard not to get on it I can tell the power is there just got to wait

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I drove at least an 1/8th of a mile before I lit up the rear end when I swapped to the Mopar Performance3:55 pumpkin!:drive:

OP
OP

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I drove at least an 1/8th of a mile before I lit up the rear end when I swapped to the Mopar Performance3:55 pumpkin!:drive:

HAHA Ive got 100 miles so far and havent hit it yet... I cant wait tell i get to that 300 mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang