Anyone interested in Viper Zippo's?

Rocketchef3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone interested in Viper Zippo\'s?

I'd buy one. Saw one (can't remember which vendor) a long time ago and have been looking for one ever since. Can't seem to find them anywhere.

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Zippo = USA cigarette lighter manufacturer producing more than 325 million windproof lighters since 1932. Very prestigious company.
I may want a couple. Let me know what the total cost is.
Thank you Matt!

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone interested in Viper Zippo\'s?

I may be able to get Viper Zippo's to sell to who wants them.
I don't know for sure if I can yet(should find out hopefully today) but I need to know if there's any interest so I can get them in.

shawalka

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had interest in getting a Viper Zippo as well, and posted about it on the off topic forum a while ago. I ended up not liking anything I saw on eBay, so I had one custom made. The place that made it was www.lightersales.com and I was happy with their customer support and pricing. I had mine made for the cost of the lighter ($12) plus 20 for engraving, and they offered me to do additional ones at for $22 (lighter plus 10 for each additional engraving). It came out pretty good, I am satisfied. I couldn't compare it to any other custom engrqaving, as I haven't had graphics put onto anything before. I'm emailing some pics to Vipermad to be posted. They aren't great quality, but you can see the idea. The lighter I chose was a Zippo Black Ice (which is very shiny, but more of a gunmetal color than black, and it manages to show fingerprints like theres no tomorrow. I've ended up just having it sit on my desk as a show piece as it looks pretty fugly once you handle it a bit. If you are going to use the lighter, I'd suggest getting a matte lighter or any chrome as they don't show fingerprints at all.

shawalka

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a friend upload the pics for me. And I don't use digital cameras often, so excuse the quality of pics, and size. You can see them at http://pcsnj.no-ip.com:81/shrink/shawdawg/ . All 5 pics are the lighter, the small pics are actually the result of me putting the zippo in a scanner. The colors are a side effect of scanning as the engraving reflects light pretty well. Anyway, if you like what is there, lightersales.com was good to work with. Also, whether you smoke or not, having a Zippo is a good thing. And when you get bored, check out www.zippotricks.com for some fun stuff to do. I'm working my way through the tricks. Maybe one day I'll make my own trick and call it the Viper.

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love Zippo lighters. And I don't even smoke - well cigs anyway. I also carry a Zippo with me when I'm out - especially camping, fishing, and hunting.

Best lighter ever made. I prefer the matted finish. Easy to care for and no finger prints.

I'd definitely get one with Viper logo. Especially if you can get matted black with the red viper logo........

cool.gif

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still have not heard back from the supplier if he can get them in but next time I post about it will be a new topic. I see there is enough interest, so, if they're available, I'll post pics and price. The price will be exactly what they sell for, I will not mark them up and only add shipping. My supplier knew I owned a Viper and asked me if I was interested in purchasing one and I thought I would let anyone else know about it also. They will be authentic Zippo's engraved from Zippo with case and box.

I looked into engraving onto a Zippo like Shawalka, but was informed that you have to have written consent from Dodge to do this, so, I'll leave that alone.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can see it now.

Garo - "Hey baby... do you need a light?"

Random babe - "Uh ... No"

Garo - "No really, I can help you if you need a light"

Random babe - "Listen, I said I don't need a .... Look I don't care if it has a snake logo on it ... EXCUSE ME!? ... What did you say it symbolizes!!!!? ... Alright, that's enough, I'm out of here!"

Garo bows his head in disappointment as the slim temptress exits the bar. But wait! Another random babe approaches...

Garo - "Hey baby... do you need a light?"

Slap!

Garo leaves the bar alone .... again.
laugh.gif

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seriously, let us know when you hear something. That is a nice lighter.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I want one.What are the chances of getting it in your car colour or just plain stainless? Bruce

shawalka

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had mine made about a month ago. I ended up getting another one with the same engraving on a satin chrome Zippo, which they said would look cleaner than the black ice one I had bought previously. I'll let you know how it looks when I get it. As far as licensing, I didn't have any problems, just sent www.lightersales.com a JPG of what I wanted, they made it up. Seemed pretty straight forward. Also they can engrave just about anything onto any lighter, meaning you can have a color matched lighter to compliment your car if you so choose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad