Anyone Know This '01?

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know this 2001 Red/White GTS on eBay?

Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 140333226771 end time Jul-24-09 09:37:15 PDT)

My cousin is looking for a GTS and is interested in it. We're a loooong ways away and just shouting out to see if someone knows this car or could possibly take a look at it for him. Any suggestions, opinions or advice is greatly appreciated. BTW, this is his price range for a GTS if someone has something for sale.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's putting down 450hp to the pavement? I didn't see any mention of engine enhancements.

has the entire car been debadged? :dunno: :confused: very clean car for the price.. :2tu: :drive:

Probably just another seller that really doesn't know squat about squat on the hp numbers. And isn't that stripe package aftermarket? Meaning debadge before paint? Or is that an FE? And why wouldn't they say so?

Oh yeah. Squat about squat...

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No FE if it's an '01. I looked at that too but can't get over the interior combination. I love that interior on a sapphire or black car, or even a solid red, but no likey on the striped car. Too many competing colors.

To answer your original post, I know nothing about the car 'cept it's purty :D

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen them get the year wrong before too. And call a GTS an RT/10 or SRT or numerous other incorrectivities.

Not a factory striped car, stripes go through the rear bumper, not to mention this combo was never offered on anything other than a FE car. And check out the over-spray on the bolts holding the front facia on. Those bolts should be black..:omg:.
No question the car has had fairly extensive paintwork (stripes, front facia,etc), just have to find out why...:dunno:

Car is priced well for sure. Just check it out good.

OP
OP
R

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And check out the over-spray on the bolts holding the front facia on. Those bolts should be black..:omg:.

Car is priced well for sure. Just check it out good.

That was one of the first things that I noticed. Thanx for all the replies. It does seem to be priced decent.

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's definetly not an FE, I checked the VIN an is definetly an 01'. The white stripe option was not offer in 2001 for a red Viper. The car was orinally solid red and it looks as if been repainted. Most porbably not the whole car but the front facia yes. But at the price you can't be picky even in this economy. Besides, if it was wrecked and repair correctly there should not be any problems. IMO, the car looks great and everything looks straight. I say buy it. :eater:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a custom word Bob. Free to be shared by all that are brave enough to defend it's origin against the oppressors.

If I think I'm not brave enough I'll just send the oppressors to you.

Oh yeah. Squat about squat... I want to use that one too.

It is sad but I don't know diddley about flavoring my posts with colorful words.

Bob

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And check out the over-spray on the bolts holding the front facia on. Those bolts should be black..:omg:.
No question the car has had fairly extensive paintwork (stripes, front facia,etc), just have to find out why...:dunno:

Either that, or the previous owner didn't like the black screws standing out against the red, and just painted them, and also put vinyl stripes on. ( There are some Viper owners that end up painting things or changing the color of things that would not occur to a normal person like you and I.)

Either way, make sure to check it out in person before finalizing a purchase.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Jason and everyone else on the subject of Connoly leather interior in a red car...just not my thing...love it in black, sapphire, green...pretty much any dark color for contrast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960