Anyone Know This Florida 96 GTS Blue/White??

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any history on this car? According to CARFAX, originally out of Florida, then to NC and NY. Looks like it has been in Pompano Beach mostly since 2001 and driven very little. Last brief owner in Stuart, FL traded car on Mustang GT and car is now for sale at a Ford dealer in Houston, TX.

Any history or information from anyone familiar with this car would be appreciated. Car looks bone stock with exception of Pioneer stereo, upgraded speakers and a subwoofer box in the hatch.

Don Peterson
VCA Member 11111
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904)260-8065

eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...865502&rd=1

CARFAX link:

http://www.carfax.com/phoenix/external/v...RqzR9bDgDaCTSi3

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this car spent any time at all in Wilmington, NC, Tom Sessions knows it - give him a call at 910-228-8477. It sounds like it may be a local club members car - he's gone through about 8 Vipers - but his original car was the only one he kept for any length of time.....

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this car in person. I was for sale by Pembroke Pines Lexus. When I went there, they said they had sent it to auction, and I could view it there.

The car was a rag. No way this was a 15k mile car. Looked more like a 100k mile car to me.

STAY AWAY!!!

Bill

OP
OP
S

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't find anything in search of Viper Alley. Do you remember approximate time frame and topic?

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have any information on prior owner/owners. Car was in NC way back (prior to 2001) and may have seen a lot since then. Was in Pompano Beach and Stuart, FL last 5-6 years. Talk on Viper Alley may have been positive or negative, but I cannot find it using search.

Last Viper I looked at on e-Bay had a clear carfax, but was verified by a prior owner to have had 25,000+ in body damage. One currently on e-Bay shows no paintwork, no bodywork and original paint on the listing, but the carfax shows two accidents, one with moderate to severe body damage. When I contacted the dealer he said the listing was wrong, the car had been wrecked and had been completely repainted another color from original???????

I guess this is why it is best to buy from a VCA member classified.

OP
OP
S

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got clarification on prior post. Someone on [*****] said they checked the Carfax and it showed the car had been run into a guardrail. I checked both Autocheck and Carfax and both show no accident history. I do agree with another poster that the radio install left something to be desired (bass cannon box in hatch and scratches around radio plate).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas