Anyone Lowered Their Seat In An '08 Yet?

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the 08's have a new airbag sensor under the seat, so the seat lowering kits won't work. Or at least without some modifications.

I'm expecting to Trade-Up to an '08 shortly, and was wondering if anyone has solved this issue as of yet?:dunno:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that the 08's have a new airbag sensor under the seat, so the seat lowering kits won't work. Or at least without some modifications.

I'm expecting to Trade-Up to an '08 shortly, and was wondering if anyone has solved this issue as of yet?:dunno:

Best summary I can provide: The Northwind 1'' kit works fine in my 2008 but you may need to relocate the gateway module under the driver's seat if you want to go with a 2'' lowering kit. Contact Jon B at Parts Rack for specifics. He sold me my one inch kit and has info on the installation of the two inch kit. I ultimately went with the one inch kit because the two inch kit does not allow you to adjust the seat fore and aft (although the seat back can still be reclined).

OP
OP
H

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXACTLY what I needed to hear - Thank You!

I have the 1" in my '06. Guess I'll be removing the seat this weekend...:2tu:

OP
OP
H

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still messing with the 1" Seat Lowering Kit.

I called Mark @ Woodhouse last Friday and he told me the new 'Gateway Airbag Module' under the seat needs to be mounted on the underside of the bracket (vs. the top of the bracket where it's mounted from the factory).

I'm assuming it should be mounted in the same direction, just under the bracket.

I thought about flipping it upside down, but then the plug for the module sticks up just as far.:confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4