Anyone recognize this plaque

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my '96 GTS yesterday and it has this plaque on the lower center of the rear hatch.

You must be registered for see images attach

The mods to the car that are known are tubes, K&Ns, and the rear muffler delete so I am not kidding myself into thinking my car is putting out these numbers. However, it is a very nice piece of works and has a nice carbon fiber weave to it.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
A

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, that was easy. I guess whoever put it on either did not know any better or was trying to pull a fast one:)

Off it will come and I will have to order the correct one. Thanks J&R.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 GTS has tubes and filters, Roe high flow cats and a Borla cat back only and it dynoed at 455 HP and 494 torque at the rear wheels a couple of weeks ago. With 15% drive train loss that would put the HP at about 535 at the flywheel. You may need a sticker with some higher numbers! I am getting ready to install a VEC 3 and Roe claims it may add 40 HP to a 96 GTS. We will see. I will redyno once I install it. Car will run high 11's in the quarter now at 120 MPH with Hoosier drag radials. I think the 450 HP at the flywheel stock may be a little underrated. I understand identical cars may vary by as much as 20 HP on the dyno. Any my car has the original 96 plug wires from the factory. Ain't that a hoot! I'm not changing them yet!

OP
OP
A

AZMotorgod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I guess I would kick myself later if I dyno the sucker and find out the numbers are right.

Anybody know a reputable dyno joint in the Phoenix area?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21