Anyone running a 20" in the rear?

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone running a 20\" in the rear?

If so what size tire and brand are you running? I currently have 19's all the way around and have 355/25 Pirelli P Zero's and they look great. I just got a new 20" wheel for the back and I went with a 335/30 PS2. The 335 was recommended to me but I don't like it. The height looks too high and the tire is way wider then the wheel by probably a 1/4 inch. My 19" tires are nice and flushed with the wheel and looks nice and clean. What is someone else running? Suggestions? Get different tires???

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Anyone running a 20\" in the rear?

If so what size tire and brand are you running? I currently have 19's all the way around and have 355/25 Pirelli P Zero's and they look great. I just got a new 20" wheel for the back and I went with a 335/30 PS2. The 335 was recommended to me but I don't like it. The height looks too high and the tire is way wider then the wheel by probably a 1/4 inch. My 19" tires are nice and flushed with the wheel and looks nice and clean. What is someone else running? Suggestions? Get different tires???

This is very interesting here. I am about to buy 20" wheels with 335/30 - 20 PS2's.
You said you don't like the height. Is is higher, lower? Can you please post or e-mail me a picture with the 20" wheel & tire on the car?
Did you take it out for a spin? How is traction?

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll take pics tonight before I mount it on the car and after. I'm not going to drive on it in case I decide to return it. To me, the wheel doesn't even look like a 20. But then again maybe my eyes have been looking at it too long.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hre 542's w/ p-zero's. will post pic, not sure how....where are the directions on this site showing how to post a picture?

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

meant ps2's not p-zeros

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone running a 20

I thought they looked great in the CCW thread! Those tires fit more like the factory tires than the ones that you have on it now. Does it fill the fender well better? Take some pics!!

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

hre 542's w/ p-zero's. will post pic, not sure how....where are the directions on this site showing how to post a picture?

E-mail me the pictures and I'll post them for you.

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ed: i run a 19/20 setup plus the car is lowered on Motons. i didnt even consider going 19s all the way around as HRE and others said to keep it staggered (+1 in the rear) just like the factory set up. i love the setup & ride with the 20s in back. they look plenty big to me. is your lowered yet? see my gallery for more pics :cool:

19x10f and 20x13r
PZeros (285/30/19 and 345/25/20)

3044DSC03655_sm-med.jpg

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought they looked great in the CCW thread! Those tires fit more like the factory tires than the ones that you have on it now. Does it fill the fender well better? Take some pics!!

They fill the fender perfectly carrot but the tire sticks out way too much. It looks weird. The 355 pzero's I have now show more lip. The 335 ps2's show more tire then lip. I'll post pics shortly.

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here is a pic with the current 19's, check out that massive gap. I swear it didn't look that bad until I put the 20 on it:

You must be registered for see images

Here is the 20 sitting next to it:

Here is with the 20 on it, yes it fills the wheel up nice but too much tire. Like having a huge forehead:

Top view with ps2:

Top view with Pzero's on 19's:

Sorry for all the pics but wanted to give everyone a complete view of the difference. The 20's are the way to go. I think the pzeros would look better. Opinions???

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think they look great! That little bit of extra tire that sticks out goes a long way towards protecting the rim from curb rash! It's a better tire too! Leave it!!!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn, those 20's look huge! That's how it should have looked to start with! Oops!

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What size and type of tires are you running with those wheels?

The stock rear tire 345/30 - 19 is 68.96 cm in diameter. The 335/30 - 20 PS2 is 70.90 cm in diameter. 1.94 cm or 3/4 inch increase in diameter. 2.81% increase in diameter.

It won't look that bad. I think if you took you car out for a little spin around the block and let it settle down a little bit, the gap with 19" wheels will be less.

And the PS2 is a much better tire than Pilot Sport or Pirelli P-Zero.

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The picture you see with the 19's is what it always looks like. I hadn't jacked the car up. Either way, I hate the 335 look. I might go with the 345 pzeros.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There you go Vegas

HRE 542's with Pirelli P-Zero's

8955DSC00367.JPG

8955DSC00364.JPG

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks, guess the computer is smarter than I am...........

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really like the looks of the 20" wheels with those tires.
I prefer the thicker tire out back (on top of filling the wheels well too) and the PS2s have been getting great reviews.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow vegas I had no idea you had the 542's on there. I have the same set (but in high polished) coming to me soon. Should be here within a week!! Is your car stock height?? Looks awesome now I can't wait at all :D
Ricky

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....Is your car stock height?? Ricky

'04, Paxton, HRE's, Quaife, Motons AF Rollbar, Teamtechs, Racelogic, B&M Shifter, VEC2, Belanger Headers & Exhaust, Hi Flow cats

If your car is delivered with Motons, Yes :rolleyes:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....Is your car stock height?? Ricky

'04, Paxton, HRE's, Quaife, Motons AF Rollbar, Teamtechs, Racelogic, B&M Shifter, VEC2, Belanger Headers & Exhaust, Hi Flow cats

If your car is delivered with Motons, Yes :rolleyes:

my bad :eek: :eek: It was late and I guess I guess teh asprin was getting to my head ;)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone have the diameter of the stock rear rim/tire as compared to 20's with 345/25's? Curious to know whether the 20's will be slightly taller and thus changing the rear gear ratio.

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

not if you get the right tire size. I'm going with a 345/25/20. It's as close as you can get to stock diameter.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

IMHO the vipers need to be lowered even with sock tire sizes... I've got 19/20's 505A's I just ordered and will not put them on until I lower my SRT..

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald what size tire are you going to run on the rear? I'm guessing 335 since the wheel is 20x12.5 (I think)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yup, a tad smaller. I sit them side by side and it's minimal difference. If I want wider tires, I'll lower my air pressure to get the extra .1 inches.. :) .. I also like the protection it gives the rim. My HRE's on my other viper and rashed to [******].. :)
G

OP
OP
E

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald, I got a new set with the 335's that I was going to send back to Tire Rack. Brand new never used. I just mounted the rear tire to make sure I liked it and did not. Would you want to buy them or do you already have a set? I got the ps2's. Doesn't matter to me, just looking to help in the event you have a hard time getting them. They were out of stock when I ordered mine originally. If interested just let me know before next Monday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960