anyone running a paxton on stock headers?

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wondering if it is a must to run a paxton supercharger kit with aftermarket headers. i have a 99 gts and recently put on an exhaust with high flow cats and it is probably louder than i would want my car to be. so that brings me to my question. would i be foolish to install a supercharger kit and not do headers so that i can save my hearing? i dont need every last ounce of power but do want the car to drive well.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the paxton and send it to me. I will install it on my GTS and let you know so you don't waste your time. :D

-Tim

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can install the Paxton and it will work just fine, just ensure it is tuned properly. By using the stock manifolds, you might be down 20-30 HP, but not enought to worry about in your situation.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can install the Paxton and it will work just fine, just ensure it is tuned properly. By using the stock manifolds, you might be down 20-30 HP, but not enought to worry about in your situation.

what mike said......

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to check with some other Paxton cars to hear the range of sounds created by different cat/resonator/muffler combinations.....seems a shame to leave a bunch of HP on the table when $1000 in headers and the right combination of downstream stuff will give it the sound you want. I've hears Roe cars that were very quiet...which doesn't mean that a Paxton set up would be the same, but the HP can be there without the loud!

OP
OP
D

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So I just picked up a kit. When you say tune, is that through the piggy back computer that comes with the kit? Or like through an sct, aem, or vec?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can always get another muffler if its too loud. the OE paxton computer is good, an AEM is better. the best mod you can do to the paxton kit is a real fuel system

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I just picked up a kit. When you say tune, is that through the piggy back computer that comes with the kit? Or like through an sct, aem, or vec?

Are you doing a DIY install?? If so post pics! Been thinking about a SC setup for months, but IDK!

OP
OP
D

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also picked up a sct. Would I use the sct and not use the piggy back at all? I want to do self install but an really busy the next few months so i am tempted to bring it to a shop so I can enjoy sooner!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96