Anyone seen this?

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive seen a few of those.. some people swear by them (because it makes their times seem faster) and some people say that they are wildly optimistic..

- eddie -

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one. It measures horsepower (you have to enter total vehicle weight including passenger), lateral g's, 0 to 60 MPH time, 60 to 0 MPH time, 1/4 Mile ET and MPH.

It is accurate with some limitations. Due to it's inherent design (uses a silicon-based accelerometer) it can give different readings if you aren't on a level road, don't have the unit leveled out, etc. When all the adjustments are correct, you'll find it pretty much on the money.

It's fun to play with on the street.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one and have run it at the drag strip. The 1/4 time is pretty accurate usually (+/- .2) and the mph are high (125 vs 118 actual) due to the averaging used at the strip. The hp was pretty accurate. It showed me 414RWHP which correlates pretty well with my dyno results of 422 RWHP SAE. I had installed a VEC-1 since the dyno.
I find it hard to use on the street as you need to have a very flat road without traffic where you can do 125mph from a standing start.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran into the Gtech guys at Palmdale last Wed night. They are coming out with a new Gtech and wanted to test it on my Viper to see if it worked. Well it didn't, but that was because it could not get the right RPM signal from the cigaret lighter. Yes you read it right they are making the new Gtech get your RPM from the interference from the electrical system.

Even though it did not work on the Viper, they did a reading of all the RPM noise and said that they would go back to the lab to make it work with the signals they got.

Anyway thought you guys should know, and not run out to buy the current unit.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I BOUGHT IT IN 1995 & I THINK IT SUCKED! THAT'S JUST MY PERSOANL OPINION THOUGH. MY BEST FRIEND AT THE TIME SWORE BY HIS. UNLESS THEY'VE UPGRADED THE UNIT - I THINK THEY'RE UNRELIABLE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21