Anyone transporting a car needs to read

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I met a fellow Viper owner Gary Almond. He was transporting my 1996 Blue/White GTS with 38 miles from Kansas City to Northern California for the new owner. I have been in the automotive business for 30 years and this guy is top notch. He is so professional, has great equipment, and very careful with the merchandise. Any one needing transportation across the country needs to call him. He has camera's in the trailer so he can watch your car as he pulls it down the highway! I see people asking all the time about who to hire to haul their cars, here he is and he is not real expensive. His number is (240) 994-1343.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the props Mike! I'm actually still en route with that beautiful '96 GTS and will deliver it in a couple more days.

It was great meeting you and spending some time at your dealership. That's one of the best parts of doing this, I get to see some incredible cars and meet great people.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out in the future.

p.s. Any GT-40s coming your way? :)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I totally agree with the above. Gary A is the best and a stand up guy! He didn't even know who I was on this board and besides my post in the past, but he gave me a very nice gift for my Viper! I finally got to meet him in FL and thank him in person.

Thanks again Gary A!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spoke to Gary..hes gonna give me a quote for transporting my viper from Elite Motorsports in Tampa to NY..AMD my Diablo from Scottsdale , AZ to ny...YEEHA!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to Gary..hes gonna give me a quote for transporting my viper from Elite Motorsports in Tampa to NY..AMD my Diablo from Scottsdale , AZ to ny...YEEHA!

Adam why dont we each fly out and race back to NY, loser buys lunch at ******* ?

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just emailed him asking for a quote from Orlando to NY, perhaps he can bring them both at once for a little lower price.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam why dont we each fly out and race back to NY, loser buys lunch at ******* ?

The question jim is...Do I drive the diablo and you the viper or the other way around... :D

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

The question jim is...Do I drive the diablo and you the viper or the other way around... :D

Now thats a good problem, Ill be a gentlemen you decide... :p

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have used them, but I recently paid DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) to ship my 95 rt/10 from Ft. Lauderdale to the Oregon coast. I paid extra for the enclosed carrier, top load, and extra insurance. Upon reaching Oregon, it had LOTS of oil and grease on the paint (puddles....as if on bottom of truck). They also scraped the rear wheels and side exhaust at some point. My car has paint transfer from the DAS semi's.

At least I can say DAS took care of the claim and cut me a check last week. I was definitely NOT pleased with their service, regardless of my settlement. Any similar experiences from anyone???

BTW: DAS is the preferred carrier of EBAY motors. Watch out! Hopefully my experience was just a fluke.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
-Adam sound like you and I can quit our day jobs and just drive folks Vipers around.

-Trainville that S&*^*KS.. I have never met or used Gary but I think there at least 7 Katrillion posts on his good work !!!

Good to know about Ebay

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary has never transported a car but I know him to be upsatnding and If I ever need his services I will not hesitate to give him a call with no worries if the car will be taken care of.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary has never transported a car but I know him to be upsatnding and If I ever need his services I will not hesitate to give him a call with no worries if the car will be taken care of.

Well I for one think he HAS transported a car.

Ha! Just thought I would reply and make fun of your typo, but more so than that, I wanted to give this thread a bump and kudos to Gary.

-Manny C

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary has transported my '96 GTS several times for upgrades. He is a fanatic about getting things exactly right, and a great guy. But hey, what else would you expect? He is a Viper freak, just look at his own car, a Heffner supercharged beast. If Gary's haulin' your car, you can rest easy. :2tu:

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using Gary's services for almost a year now. He has transported nearly a dozen cars for me and his service is second to none. I have never recieved the same kind of service from any of the larger companies. It looks like Gary's going to need a bigger trailer.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! I'm sitting in a little motel in the middle of LA and just saw this thread as I get ready to go pick up a car to return east. Thank you all for the great comments!

Feel free to call me at (240) 994-1343 for your transporting needs!

Jason, you're right, a bigger trailer is definitely going to be in my near future!

flying dutchman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can i say?? Gary transported my car without any problems and then even bought me dinner....
:2tu:
Lot's of camera's , he even keeps an eye on yr car during the ride.............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine