anyone use Azure Motors; Steve Demkowski???? been waiting 3 weeks 4 belan

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anyone use Steve Demkowski at Azure Motors???? i been waiting about 3 weeks for my belanger system to come in and he says belanger has become behind because of the holidays. hes a cool guy and got a good deal from him but i put 50% cash down and was originally told i'd get the parts in about a week so im kinda worried. anyone use him b4?

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say he's telling the truth. I have not dealt with him but just recently went through a similar situation with someone else.

Be patient , it'll get there.

On a side note, I had a very educational discussion with Louie Bellanger. Real nice guy and very knowledgeable. He clarified nicely for me the truth behind the use of heat shields, stock and after market.

Patrick

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say he's telling the truth. I have not dealt with him but just recently went through a similar situation with someone else.

Be patient , it'll get there.

On a side note, I had a very educational discussion with Louie Bellanger. Real nice guy and very knowledgeable. He clarified nicely for me the truth behind the use of heat shields, stock and after market.

Patrick
...would you like to share that info? :bonker:

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: anyone use Azure Motors; Steve Demkowski???? been waiting 3 weeks 4 be

What would be such a secret not to share that kind of info here? I have Belanger Ceramic coated headers, and thought for the longest time that I was fine without heat shields. But after reading about all of the fires and melted air boxes etc. , I finally went with the DC Motorsports Inconel header heat shields that push the hot air down and away from the hood. I had a real heat problem with all of the shiney stuff, when I put on the polished Roe S/C and shiney valve covers etc. I added the hole in the left speaker grill also. Also added the Power Steering cap with vent. I think the best thing to do is go with the heat shields. I used to like the look of the headers, but I think the shiney inconel heat shields look o.k. also, and you will feel much safer knowing the heat is getting pushed away. Next thing I am doing is losing the cats in about a week or so. Tell us what Belanger said. We are all curious.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you talk to Lou, he says that you don't need the heat shields. Go figure!

JD

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually Joseph, he did not say that............

Sorry, guys it wasn't meant to be a secret. I just thought that this post might get some slack from those who believe this issue has been beaten to death so many times. I thought maybe PM might be a little more considerate.

Anyway............

I spent a about 20 mins on the phone first with Jerry and then with Louie. Louie made it very clear to me that with the 1000's of headers that they have sold, not one has come back cracked or damaged by using the stock heat shields. Contrary to claims by those who profess that the stock heat shields will crack the headers and that THEIR after market heat shields are much better. Names shall not be mentioned. He basically said you are waisting your money on after market sheilds. In fact most of the suppliers who sell his product will not support or advise the purchase of after market shields......except for one and that company, of course, sells their made in house after market heat shields.

Most of the customers that have purchased the system are divided and he does concur that some chose to reinstall the shields while others chose not to reinstall the shields. YOU ARE FINE EITHER WAY !!!! However, for those who do chose to reinstall the shields , installation of the shields might have to be modified so that there is clearance between the headers and the shields. In other words the shields should not be touching the headers. The clearance does not have to be much just enough so that they do not touch. In the event that they do touch , it is possible and he stresses POSSIBLE that the jet hot coating might peal off the headers . Now he also clarified, however, that there will not be any damage to the headers since the construction of the headers allows them to give and bend without cracking but only to the coating. The alumized construction allows for this as well as better heat dissipatation. They will just look bad and thats not the way he would like his headers to look in a Viper. The headers run cooler then the stock system by a least 400-500 degrees.

I think in the end it boils dowm to proper installation and understanding. A lot of the horror stories we have been hearing could be due to improper installation or from headers on the market that do not have ceramic coating.........WHO KNOWS?

I for one will chose to reintall the shields PROPERLY , not for anything but for peace of mind. Quite frankly, I'm not to concerned about the looks but more concerned aboout sound and what it can do for me. Most of the members of VCO not VCA have had bellangers installed without any shields and have never had an issue. They profess to this and I have seen their cars first hand.

Finally, Louie also said that who would accept any challenge by any other header manufacturer to test their headers against his to see which one is better with respect to HP gains and claims for what it does. Hopefully, one day, a independent body will bring these boys together and finally put our questions and concerns to rest.

I spent a lot of time doing my homework on this , looking at vehicles with header installs and talking to guys like Jon at partsrack, BTR perfomance Jerry and Louie that fianlly sold me on the product. I really like Louie's passion on the phone for defending his product and I thought he was a stand up guy who is always willing to help.

I hope I have helped in some humble way. :2tu:

Thanks
Patrick

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys...

The order was put in right before Christmas.....then Lou had a hip replacement. It usually only takes at the MOST 2 weeks to be built and shipped but due the following...it took a little longer. Lou from Belanger is an A class businessman to work with. He is going to ship me Youngviper's exhaust 2 day air for all the trouble at no extra charge.

Also, another fact that Lou and I were talking about for a while that I think most viper owners should know....

The headers need a "break in" time. Guys that switch from one header to another, dyno, then talk about gains or losses are mis-informed. Our computers need time to adjust to the new setting, timing, and air fuel. Lou will 100% back up that there is not a header on the market that will outgain his....period!!

Thanks

Steve Demkowski
Azure Motors

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just got my system and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to have it installed.

One question, though, how do you know its been ceramic coated. I can hardly see any type of film on it at all? Is there anyway to tell?

Thanks
Patrick

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It has to be.... Belanger coats all systems unless you ask not too. They should look like a nice silver finish. If you are really not sure, post a picture!!

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960