Anyone want to put a drag race event together in FL or TX soon?

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jan or Feb is Good for me. I prefer Texas but Florida is ok as well. As a matter of fact, if it is a big event I'm in wherever it is.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Orlando, Orlando, Orlando... what the heck is in Bradenton
confused.gif
If guys are going to travel across the country for an event, there should be more to do than just drag race JMHO
supergrin.gif

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Central & North Florida club president lives near Orlando area, and there is a number of regular drag racers in the area...John C. (was in mod 1 finals in VOI 7 ) Lee S. (was in unlimited finals @ VOI 7) Mike S.(was in mod 1 finals in VOI 7 ). Jan or Feb.is great horsepower making weather in Fl. Please keep post active to keep on first page.. Bump
rofl.gif
Ward

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will contact the tracks both in Orlando and Bradenton. I'll have to see who is willing to show a little lenience as far as tech inspection goes. I'll try to make it happen in February.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in....I have some connections we might could use on this deal. Piss on RCR, if you girls want to play ball, get the safety equipment.

FYI...RCR is a proven .3 slower than HRP. Lets roll em at Baytown.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermed 97,01:
Nice times Mike, i knew your persistence would break the 12s

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Scott, I still can't wait for you to run one of those mean machines you have.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see you guys drag race... Keep us posted. I just might have to make an appearance to put faces to names on the board..

Gerald

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
I'd love to see you guys drag race... Keep us posted. I just might have to make an appearance to put faces to names on the board..

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerald I would go just to see you drag race , well your car anyway.
smile.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,

Not to sound like a broken record here but Desoto Speedway has the most forgiving tech...they have no tech! Orlando is closer to the attractions and they are "loose" with tech but they do run an NHRA schedule. I have never had a problem with Orlando but I know several folks who have been asked to leave because of lack of basic safety equipment like roll bars. I have a roll bar and other safety equipment and gladly accept the weight dis-advantage for the secure feeling during driving and the fact that I can race at ANY track in the country.

But, for the rest, I strongly suggest Bradenton-Desoto Speedway. Are we going to race or see cartoon characters??

BTW, if everyone was NHRA legal and concerned about safety, they wouldnt have to be stuck running at outlaw facilities.

Tom