Anyone weighed their car?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious, what do other SRT-10's weigh?

Anyone out there weighed their car?

I'm interested in both bone stock weights, and weights with mods/wheels, etc.

Mine is at 3368 with a full tank of gas. I've added weight (roll bar, fire supression, stereo, etc.) and taken out weight (SSR wheels, clutch, etc.)

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm curious, what do other SRT-10's weigh?

Anyone out there weighed their car?

I'm interested in both bone stock weights, and weights with mods/wheels, etc.

Mine is at 3368 with a full tank of gas. I've added weight (roll bar, fire supression, stereo, etc.) and taken out weight (SSR wheels, clutch, etc.)

Kai, at first I was pretty shocked that your car is that heavy, but once I started thinking about it made sense. You mentioned sixty pounds of weight reduction in the crank/clutch. You probably are in the neighborhood of seventy pounds of reduction with the SSRs/non-runflats. So that's about 130. The stock car weighs around 3400 with a full tank I think, so the rollbar, stereo, and fire supression must weigh around 100 lbs.

I guess that sounds about right. Your car would be really vicious at <3000 lbs.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine weighed in at 3360 (bone stock), but I don't remember how much gas I had in it at the time. Since then, I knocked off about 72 lbs by going to SSRs and Sport Cups.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
3400 lbs is a good round number.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was under the impression that the SSR/non runflats were a savings of more like 43-44lbs not 70lbs. i have the SRT-Sidewinders and a light flywheel, and Corsa(no cross over) and figue i have removed nearly 70 lbs from the car. i have added an AutoForm roll bar, and as far as i can figure(if you have ever looked at all the brackets and bolts that come out of the car as the roll bar is installed) that may not add much weight at all, plus the 6pts not much weight either my guess is i am 60-70 lbs lighter than stock.(just a guess)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saved about 54 lbs going to SSR's and Sport Cups. 38 lb savings by tires and 24 lb savings from the wheels. Non runflats save about 10 lbs, so a net 34 lb savings.

SSR wheels are 18x 11" = 20.2 lbs front /18x 13" = 22 lbs rear vs 26 and 28 lbs for the stock 10 spoke wheels.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my SRT-Sidewinders are 34lbs lighter that the stock ten spokes exclusive of the tires, do you mean to tell me that i can potentially save ANOTHER 38 lbs if i go to the non runflat Sport Cups or PS2 ?

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... and check this out - replace the seats with some recaro etc. and save additional 80 pounds! One seat weighs f#$%ing 44 pounds!!!

Alot of that is in the bracketry. Going to the 2" lowering kit saves you about 25lbs. if I remember correctly.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my SRT-Sidewinders are 34lbs lighter that the stock ten spokes exclusive of the tires, do you mean to tell me that i can potentially save ANOTHER 38 lbs if i go to the non runflat Sport Cups or PS2 ?

Non-runflat PS2s are only 8 to 10 lbs lighter per set of 4 than OEM tires. Sport Cups are 30 lbs lighter. Only problem is Sport Cups do not come in 19s, so they won't work with your Sidewinders.

There has been some variation in reported weght savings when going to the SSR/Sport Cup combo. I weighed my stock 10 spokes mounted with OEM tires and then weighed my SSRs with Sport Cups on the same scale. Difference was 72 lbs. If my OEM tires had been brand new as the Sport Cups were, the difference would have been even greater, if only by a couple pounds.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using a baby scale, 2" lowering kit saves 11 pounds for driver's side and 13 pounds for passenger side. More on pass side as you also remove the child seat support bar.

Sgt Rock

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to jack the thread :pirate: but where is a good place to grab the 2" lowering kit ? And what kind of cost?

Using a baby scale, 2" lowering kit saves 11 pounds for driver's side and 13 pounds for passenger side. More on pass side as you also remove the child seat support bar.

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does one weigh a car?

Using a set of racing scales.

http://www.intercompracing.com/

Has anyone ever tossed their car on a set of racing scales? I'm just curious to what the numbers come out to.

Maybe I can talk dad into throwing his RT/10 on our racing scales sometime this summer. If I do, I'll definately post the numbers in the other forum.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine weighed in at 3800lbs on the Bradenton race track scales with me @ 200lbs. Keeping in mind of the TT system, full tank and stereo stuff. I'm not sure what difference the Forgeline/Pirelli's make.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sgt Rock,

Check out Northwind Engineering for the seat lowering kits. I saved about 24.5 lbs as above by changing from OE to the 2-inch seat lowering kit.

Dan