Are 2006 coupes hot?

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my 2005 vert for 5 years so I'm no stranger to the Viper heat factor. In my vert, there were very few days where I could ride with the top up and the windows down. It just got too hot inside. I either had to ride with top down or ride with the top up, windows up, A/C on.

Wondering if 2006 coupes are the same way. On a nice day in the mid 70's, I would like to have the windows down versus windows up with the A/C running. I imagine the color of the car might play a roll.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29OUTLAW, I think we were side by side for a few miles around Lexington Park not long ago, I think it was this year, but perhaps last Fall? I have a '06 Coupe, yellow/black stripes, Paxton, 3.55 Quaife, Corsa, etc.. I very seldom use the AC even in the hottest weather here. Certainly never when in the 70's and 80's, 99% of my driving is windows down. Good luck...

OP
OP

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
29OUTLAW, I think we were side by side for a few miles around Lexington Park not long ago, I think it was this year, but perhaps last Fall? I have a '06 Coupe, yellow/black stripes, Paxton, 3.55 Quaife, Corsa, etc.. I very seldom use the AC even in the hottest weather here. Certainly never when in the 70's and 80's, 99% of my driving is windows down. Good luck...

Yes - twas I. I remember that day.

Sold the vert back in January and regret it. Thinking about picking up a low mile 2006 coupe to hold me over till Gen-5 but I worry about always having to ride with the windows up and A/C on. The Viper experience is just not the same with the windows up.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just stretch a little bit and go for an 08 Vert...it'll be a big diff for you in terms of drivability, and still have all the positives about your old yellow vert

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my 03 Vert the hot air came out of the engine vents and flowed around the front A pillar cowl, and into the interior. I needed to raise the windows to stop the flow.

In my 09 Coupe the hood vents are mounted differently, and no hot air flows into the passenger compartment.

While I miss the Vert, I do not miss the hot air while cruising.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 4 Viper is a excellent car.Their are NO heat issues at all and the ac is as cold as a Ford Truck.

2008 Viper Coupe
2009 Corvette ZR1
2009 Ford F 250 Suoer Duty 4x4

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had heat issues in my '06 coupe, even with the factory exhaust. I did notice it stays a LOT cooler inside now, with the aftermarket exhaust. But, it wasn't bad before.