Are Gen II seats interchangable?

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After 40,000 miles (10,000 on the track is one form or another) the drivers seat support is shot. I first noticed lots of foam chunks on the floor after a weekend at the track a few years ago. Now just about the entire cushion is toast. When I was cleaning the inside of the car, I noticed that the passenger seat is nice an firm. I also noticed that the recline mechanism is on the same side of the seat as the drivers seat. Do I just switch the seats or do I need to swap the brackets as well. Can it be done easily?

Thanks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the seat rails come off easily, as I did the 1" seat lowering kit on my '01 and got to know my seat very well. There's just a screw or nut in each corner underneath. You may have to pull the bottom cushion up some for access to the rear rail attachment points. Just undo the hog rings on the front of the seat cushion and re-secure with zip ties. The only mismatch thing that I can think of otherwise is the seat belt loop at the top center. If you are running 5 points then that will not be a concern. You will otherwise have to drill new holes for the loops whilst hoping there's something under there to drill to. Oh yeah... I'm guessing you'll need to keep the rails in their current location, hence the speech on removing them.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swapped my driver with my passenger while I had the driver in the upholstery shop. Only difference I could see was the seat belt loop.

If you spend that much time on the track you need to get a bonafied racing seat.

Last edited: